IGNORED

Michelin Pure Tires

superseadoo

I believe they are call the "power pure" and are more of a sport bike tire, not sport touring. The Michelin website has only the PR and the PR2 listed under sport touring but includes the power pure under the "performance" category

Have any of you tried the new Michelin Pure tires. They are supposed to replace PR2s and PR2CTs

News to me. I just ordered a set of PR2 CT's (from JakeWilson.com for $243 delivered). Must be better than the Z6 Roadtecs on now.

. I just ordered a set of PR2 CT's (from JakeWilson.com for $243 delivered).

Was that a special sale? I just went on the site and it looked like about $278 delivered

ShovelStrokeEd

I wouldn't select Pilot Pures as an appropriate tire for an RT. They are very light in construction and really designed for sport bike use (bikes over 100 lbs lighter than the RT). In fact, I'm just giving my Tuono a new set of shoes and selected Pilot Power, not even the Power 2CT.

The Pilot Road 2 and Pilot Road 2CT are different tires with the 2CT actually being the older designation. I get superb life out of the Road 2 tires on my Sprint as well as all the traction you could ask for on the street, wet or dry. A very confidence inspiring tire albeit a little noisy with some miles on them. 7K miles on the current set and they look to go about the same 15K I got out of the last set.

For contrast, I don't expect much more than 3 or 4K miles out of the Powers.

• 2 weeks later...
. I just ordered a set of PR2 CT's (from JakeWilson.com for $243 delivered).

Was that a special sale? I just went on the site and it looked like about $278 delivered

No indication of special pricing. I got the non-B tire as I ride solo and pretty lightly packed (if at all).

Revzilla showed me $273. Motorcycle Superstore was $290 something.

All the info I've seen say the PR2's and the PR2CT are just different ways to refer to the same tire. Even the Parts Unlimited catalog one local shop looked in to get pricing ($425 + tax) used them interchangeably.

2CT indicates 2 compound technology.

Here's the page: http://www.michelinmotorcycle.com/index.cfm?event=pilotroad2

Notice the 2CT in the upper right corner. The tread pattern is also different on the PRs and mine match the PR2s shown.

180/55ZR-17 (73W) Michelin Pilot Road 2 CT Radial Rear Motorcycle Tire

Regular: $240.95

Our price: $132.99

Part# 1223980004

120/70ZR-17 (58W) Michelin Pilot Road 2 CT Radial Front Motorcycle Tire

Regular: $187.95

Our price: $109.99

Part# 1223970005

Archived