IGNORED

R12RT Tires

NETReRider

I will be needing new tires soon. Are dual compound tires worth the money? What are the pros and cons of dual compund tires for RT's? What brands are the best? :S

Bradley_Gillie

If you do a quick search, you'll find a few threads on the subject.

My RT was delivered new with Bridgestone Battlax single compound tires. I got 8,500 miles out of them. The rear was pretty much gone, and the front was cupping badly.

I switched to Dunlop Roadsmart. I got about 12,500 out of the rear before barely touching the wear bars. I put on a new rear, but the front still has plenty of life left in it. My tires have seen mostly highway miles, with a fair share of twisties. On the first Roadsmart, I took trips from Fort Worth to Charlotte (with a detour to The Dragon), Indy, Atlanta, Talladega, and Kentucky. I'm very satisfied with them.

Many of us like the PR2's, especially for 2-up Touring. They are performing extremely well for me, especially after I got over the Avon Storms. The Storms were great but wear fast.

I have two reasons for using PR2s

1. Front tire +22000kms on Cross Canada trip and back

2. Rear tire +18500kms on the same trip and still lots of tread left.

They seemed to do everything a MC tire should do, but I am not familiar with a lot of the other tires out there. I will stick with the PR2s.

In response to:

Poster: basilr

Subject: Re: R12RT Tires

I have two reasons for using PR2s

1. Front tire +22000kms on Cross Canada trip and back

2. Rear tire +18500kms on the same trip and still lots of tread left.

They seemed to do everything a MC tire should do, but I am not familiar with a lot of the other tires out there. I will stick with the PR2s.

+1 I really like my PR 2's.

Archived