IGNORED

R1100RT/R1150RT 33L top case capacity?

AlexG

Yes and no!

It depends on the size and shape of the helmet in question. Some larger helmets need to be laid on their side to fit in. Flip-front helmets go in a little easier, as they can be 'opened' to reduce their dimensions.

The case is a wierd shape inside. It looks good on the bike, but as a receptacle to carry stuff, it's not so great. Presumably this is the reason for the wide variety of aftermarket cases available.

Yes and no!

It depends on the size and shape of the helmet in question. Some larger helmets need to be laid on their side to fit in. Flip-front helmets go in a little easier, as they can be 'opened' to reduce their dimensions.

The case is a wierd shape inside. It looks good on the bike, but as a receptacle to carry stuff, it's not so great. Presumably this is the reason for the wide variety of aftermarket cases available.

+1 just sold mine for this reason and bought a 42 litre Givi that takes two large helmets

I find the standard top box is quite an impractical shape. I had a BMW System-4 flip-front, did not fit. I now have a BMW SportIntegral, does not fit either.

It would have been great if BMW had produced an alternative lid with a higher top.

A big Givi is a good solution.

Well, it holds my XXL Arai. Someone may have to show you how, because it is not intuitive how it lays in there. My right side case holds my wife's Medium Arai.

I have two of the 33 liter topcases.....One I have modified to carry a Jack Russell Terrorist. I cut a hole about 8" in diameter in the middle of the top of the box. He loves it. Any helmet will fit in it.......Without the dog, that is.

Thanks, gents, and especially Rockrib, for usefull info!

Now, let's find me a used case! :-) I have a WTB ad and anyone selling can either send me PM on this forum or email to: avtobus56 at gmail dot com

Ride safe!

Alex.

Well, it holds my XXL Arai. Someone may have to show you how, because it is not intuitive how it lays in there. My right side case holds my wife's Medium Arai.

I have two of the 33 liter topcases.....One I have modified to carry a Jack Russell Terrorist. I cut a hole about 8" in diameter in the middle of the top of the box. He loves it. Any helmet will fit in it.......Without the dog, that is.

Ok, this cannot go unchallenged. I would really like to see a picture of a terrorist (Terrier) sticking his head out of the BMW topcase.

Without a picture it remains unproven. :wave:

Archived