IGNORED

'Intermittent' Fault.

Dev

Okay,

So I picked up the '04RT from the dealer after a €500+ 12K+plugin and everything seemed hunky-dory.

Then after a LOT of rain (and the bike was outside all weekend) I noticed a faint glow in the high beam indicator, only noticeable in the dark. confused.gif

This morning, after a LOT of rain and wind I had the high beam indicator ON, but no high beam AT ALL! eek.gif

Then, after a 20 minute commute everything went back to as before. crazy.gif

Do I call the dealer, and hope it's covered under warranty, or do I spray WD40 on the connectors and hope it was a water fault?

Is the high beam/lights a straight forward circuit, or is there a PIC involved somewhere?

Dev.

I'd suggest taking the bike back to the dealer. Bikes should be weatherproof including the instruments.

If the dealer is some distance away you could perhaps store the bike indoors for a few days and see if the problem disappears when things dry out. At least this might give you a lead as to whether it's related to moisture or not.

Yeah booked it in with the dealer.

I asked "what if you don't find a fault?" and he replied he would.

Hopefully it's under warranty. Only 2 dealers in the country, and I don't want to reduce my options!

Anyone else know if the wiring is a straightforward circuit or via a PIC like device. If it is a simple circuit I'd consider cancelling the booking and fixing the fault myself.

Dev. (electrician by trade)

Dev.

I'd suggest taking the bike back to the dealer. Bikes should be weatherproof including the instruments.

A buddy of mine has a Harley 1340cc(?) stopped because rain got into the starter. The dealer was surprised he rode it in the wet grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifdopeslap.gif

Things just got worse!

Headlight full beam AND dipped are on the blink, full beam indicator permantly on frown.gif

Driving with my fog lights + driving light now.

This better be under warranty, thought I had a '04 BMW, not a '84 Ducati confused.gif

Dev.

Archived