IGNORED

Sequoia Monument, Yosemite & Amador County

David13

Well, on the 14th, I'm going back to Yosemite, from the west side this time.

I will skip Sequoia Park & Kings Canyon, but make the Kernville Sequoia Monument loop.

Then north thru' Yosemite and again Angels Camp into Amador County & the gold country.

Now I just need to find a gold mine to get into up there.

I hope it don't rain.

Any stop off suggestions welcome.

dc

Well, on the 14th, I'm going back to Yosemite, from the west side this time.

I will skip Sequoia Park & Kings Canyon, but make the Kernville Sequoia Monument loop.

Then north thru' Yosemite and again Angels Camp into Amador County & the gold country.

Now I just need to find a gold mine to get into up there.

I hope it don't rain.

Any stop off suggestions welcome.

dc

Not much up there above Kernville. We were able to get food at R-Ranch, but that place is really weird: security, security security. Don't know about seasons with them. There was a nice diner somewhere around Camp Nelson. That would be pretty much it from the Sherman Pass Road to Exeter/Visalia. We came in Yokohl Valley Rd to 190, and then went south to Sherman Pass, just past R-Ranch. We did the Sherman to Kernville stretch on our other direction (coming to the UNRally). Don't know what might be available down towards California Hot Springs. I would definitely carry plenty of water and a snack, especially if you want to walk around the Sequoias. I would also recommend running up Sherman Pass to the pass. A bit broken, but worth it for the view, and still a decent ride to that point. I think it might be like less than 10 miles from the Kern River Hwy to the top of the Pass.

190 is must ride stuff. Can not believe the speed limit is 55 mph. You will not be going that fast.

Twice in September I ate at Happy Burger. I was happy with the burger, I guess. But I didn't drink the shake. It tasted funny. Maybe something in the diet of the local cows.

This time I'm only on 41, so I'll be missing Mariposa.

I may well try the diner at Camp Nelson, unless I can hold out til Kernville.

My dilemma now is get that Sequoia loop, or just go for Hetch Hetchy and the trail hike out to Wapama Falls.

I think I will skip Sequoia on the way up, to go to Hetch Hetchy, then on the way back come east on Yokohi, Milo, Springville, Kernville and Caliente Bodfish.

My northward goal is Pioneer, then El Dorado County.

dc

Archived