IGNORED

Z1000 SX

TEWKS

I hope it performs as good as it looks.

Could be the replacement for my GS one day, since Honda wont ever bring the CBF1000 to US.

--

Mikko

Could be the replacement for my GS one day, since Honda wont ever bring the CBF1000 to US.

--

Mikko

Performance is not one of Kaws shortcomings......

russell_bynum

--

Mikko

Performance is not one of Kaws shortcomings......

The old Z1000 had a good motor (the old ZX9 motor reworked with fuel injection), but a dreadful chassis and suspension.

If they've fixed the chassis and suspension issues and given this bike the ZX10 powerplant, it'll be a real hoot.

If I had that bike the first drive I'd need to take would be right down to the DMV and turn in my driver's license.

Nice bike, but I agree with the above statement.

Liter bikes are fun to ride, but too much power too fast, when you can only go 55- 65 mph at most places.

My yamaha FZ1 was in my garage for 3 months only.

NOt to cheerlead BMW, but at age 40+ I am much more happy with my RT.

Firefight911

Which happens to be a 1.2 LITER bike. :)

I like it! Like Russell said, chassis and suspension improved it will be a winner.

russell_bynum

I like it! Like Russell said, chassis and suspension improved it will be a winner.

Well...I can see upside down forks and radial brakes. If they did what they should have done...and just taken a ZX10R and put minimal bodywork and dirt bike bars on it, then this will be a great bike. Replace the stock suspenders with Ohlins, install a power commander and a pipe to clean up the powerband and annoy Ken :grin: , and you'll be in business.

I've never understood why the Japanese won't make a decent streetfighter/standard. Imagine a crossplane R1 in streetfighter form with a worked-over suspension. Instead we get leftover bits from ages ago, crappy chassis, and detuned motors. What's the deal? We know they can make kick-ass sportbikes. Why don't they take a page from Aprilia's playbook...they took the bodywork off their Mille superbike, bolted on some risers and dirtbike bars, called it Tuono (Italian for Thunder) and put it on sale.

russell_bynum
Needs a topbox.

Givi can solve that problem for you....though I doubt that bike needs any more help getting the front wheel off the ground. :grin:

Firefight911

Schwinggg. The 2011 C-14 looks to be coming in green. IMO, a rather nice green! Official US release not until the 5th but Australia already has it out. Me likey.

LINKY

NO- no.... a liter bike is different from a 1.0 liter bike. :)

Liter bike refers to a rice burning, short stroke DOHC engine , poor gas mileage, uncomfortable, no bags of anykind, wind buffeting ticket machine, go fast bike, such as pictured in the first post.

With an RT, cc does is irrelevant.

RT is a riding style a mindset. :)

:clap::clap::clap: The 2011 Z1000SX is coming to US, MSRP: $10,999

But not in that gorgeous green unfortunately, although the red does match my GS much better...

ZX1000.jpg

Me really likes this bike so far.

--

Mikko

:clap::clap::clap: The 2011 Z1000SX is coming to US, MSRP: $10,999

But not in that gorgeous green unfortunately, although the red does match my GS much better...

ZX1000.jpg

Me really likes this bike so far.

--

Mikko

Everytime I look at that pic I think about Fish Lake??????????

I may need help.

:Cool:

• 3 months later...

Ive been riding my cushy R80RT since I was a teenager.. but I still love day rides on the rocket! I'm almost 40 now, and I still need to get up early sunday morning and go scratch for a few hours... just pushes all the right buttons... and nothing passes Buicks like a litre K-bike :-)

ShovelStrokeEd

Well, it ain't no Tuono Factory but damned nice never the less.

Bags are a big plus but doubtful there are any in stock in the US. Sport bike with hard bags is more a European thang.

If I didn't already have ol' Thunder, I'd be all over this like feathers on a chicken.

I checked one out at the dealer a few weeks back.

IMO, the screen was a bit too small and the adjustment (2 positions) wasn't too impressive. They had no idea about when bags might be available. The riding position was a bit forward for the 700-1000 mile days I ocassionally ride.

On the plus side, with some bar risers, a somewhat larger screen, bags, and a top box, it has some real potential. Fuel capacity is reasonable. It certainly is priced right, and everything I've read about the engine is positive. Handling has been given good reviews as well.

The chain would not be an issue for me.

Everytime I look at that pic I think about Fish Lake??????????

I may need help.

:Cool:

I get the same thoughts.

But I might like it's little brother even better as my designated Fish Lake ride:

New 2009 650R

Archived