IGNORED

Summer riding jacket/pants

neilnoff

A friend went down in gravel on Sunday (okay, just bad road rash) and I am now promising myself to ALWAYS wear jacket & pants. Problem: Houston, TX heat and humidy make it painful in the summer. ANy inputs on good summer gear for those ugly hot humid summers? I know assorted folks who like the Joe Rocket Phoenix and the Marsee lighweights (I already have their mesh), but wanted to solicit inputs from you all. Thanks -- NN

bmwmotorcyclewarrior

BMW airflow jacket. I wear it all year around in Arizona. Get an underarmor t-shirt and wear the jacket over it. You can survive the heat that way.

There are many mesh offerings out there. Let your wallet be your guide. My Triumph mesh jacket and First Gear mesh pants cost me about $250 total. The jacket has outstanding armor protection and the pants are the most comfortable that I own. Most of all, they perform well at letting air flow through ensuring that I'll wear all the gear in the hot FL summer.

Hey - we know a little bit about Summer here in the Phoenix area. First place for you to go is your BMW dealer. The BMW "Summer" pants are great, zip off into shorts, have lots of storage, and can be worn off the bike. I also have a full BMW "Venting Machine" suit. It looks mich better than the Airflow, IMO, and has excellent construction ad venting. I also have a First Gear mesh-tex jacket, which was much cheaper than the BMW gear, is a little heavier in weight but is still a great product.

There are some kevlar jeans out there - my son has some and he likes them.

Ride safe.

I had a Vanson Ventilator last summer.

I was wearing it when I had a 75 mph getoff, impacting in dirt and gravel after taking out a road sign with my body.

The shoulders, elbows and back of the Ventilator have good armor. It gave me suprisingly good protection. Looking at the jacket and my helmet I can see that I had a significant impact on the left shoulder area, and I suffered no physical injury there.

I did get a compound fracture in my right arm, but no jacket could have prevented that.

I will probably buy a new one this sping.

Mike Canant

i'd read great thing about BROSH.Com on MSConsumerNews and recommended them to a friend - they look great, very well designed/armored w/good fabrics etc, good ventilation - i'd consider them myself except that i've just purchased the BMW Venting Machine suit - another great company is MotoPort.Com - it's not just about how they perform "when moving" it's also how they perform when sliding . . . .

I just tried on the First Gear Mesh Tex II jacket and it was way comfortable. I think it's tough to go wrong for under a bill with protection and comfort built in!

Just my 2c thumbsup.gif

Archived