IGNORED

Taking "Best Friend" on bike

rkclimer

I am interested to find out if anyone has found a way to take their dog with them on the bike without using a sidecar. If so, could you please describe how you did it so that I can take my dog and ride my bike more. (I would rather take her in the car than ride my bike, LOL) :thumbsup:

I keep thinking about the same thing. Our dog is not real big, part border collie and part Jack Russell and part Hinze 57. She follows me everywhere and is really disappointed when I ride out the drive way. I have seen several different types of dog carriers attached to the luggage rack. A friend has one he made, it has a cover with a hole in the middle so his buddy can stick his head out or pull back below the cover. He attaches the dog's harness inside the box so the dog can't jump out. It always makes me laugh to see the dog SPRING in the air and land on the seat and crawl into the box when it is time to ride.

I was at Hermy's BMW a few days ago and saw a GS come in with a Chihuahua sitting in the tank bag. He had a harness on with a safety line around the owner. He seemed real comfortable up there. Had goggles on. They were on their way to some rally. Owner said the dog rides with him a lot.

Also saw a Harley Ultra Classic a few weeks back with a Jack Russell in a tail bag. Didn't see how he was secured. He also seemed to enjoy the ride.

I have one of these universal sport bag to carry a minature pinscher. It straps directly to the tank rack of my R1200RT. It has a fairly solid base, vents that can be open or closed, a hook to attach to the dogs collar, and comes with the straps. They also sell a "universal carrier bike connection" which can be strapped to the tank to connect to the bag. I bought one, but with my RT strapping directly to the rails is much easier so I don't use it.

Thanks everyone, I think, lol. My dog is around 40lbs, part corgi, part retriever, part ??, I will look into making my own from suggestions made here.

Archived