IGNORED

Arai company unresponsive

JByerly

I have an Arai Quantum f, seems to be a pretty good helmet. A thin vinyl/plastic/rubber trim piece is attached to the bottom of the shell in the front. Mine came unattached while riding to work about 2 months ago. I got on-line and contacted Arai through their on line technical support e-mail site. They have not yet responded. Has anyone had similar issues with contacting them? Does anyone have a phone number? The number I located on line is out of service. Thanks for any help.

No experience with Arai customer support. I usually go through my retail outlet for minor stuff like that, though.

Ditto, although I've had great experiences in the past, but that was a long, long time ago. As you found their CS online, there is a chance it was flagged as "spam". This happens from time to time!

I had the exact problem with my Arai. I phoned and heard a message that the phone message service was full. I e-mailed them and no response. I switched to SHOEI and am much happier.

I have an Arai Quantum f, seems to be a pretty good helmet. A thin vinyl/plastic/rubber trim piece is attached to the bottom of the shell in the front. Mine came unattached while riding to work about 2 months ago. I got on-line and contacted Arai through their on line technical support e-mail site. They have not yet responded. Has anyone had similar issues with contacting them? Does anyone have a phone number? The number I located on line is out of service. Thanks for any help.

This same thing happened to my F....Post up what happens if you ever get ahold of them.

Arai has a presence at the major motorcycle shows. When one comes to your area take your helmet in. I got a minor problem fixed at the show in San Mateo that way.

Same problem here with a Quantum E. Low-temp glue I suppose...mine began coming loose in the South Carolina summer heat.

For the seriousness of the problem, it didn't seem to be worth the hassle to try to contact them, and then either send it in for repair or try to take it somewhere to be fixed.

I had some waterproof glue in the shed....fixed. If I had more time or was on my way to a rally, I would have made a point with them.

When I had a problem with mine I went through my local dealer and he obtained the parts I needed. The Arai website is not the way to go, IMO. Speaking to an actual humanoid is usually best.

When I had a problem with mine I went through my local dealer and he obtained the parts I needed. The Arai website is not the way to go, IMO. Speaking to an actual humanoid is usually best.

Same here....I contacted Arai via their website and got an electrical response that it would be at least 30 days to hear back from them so I had my dealer order the parts and fixed it myself in less than a week.....very dissapointing for such a great, but expensive product.

Arai helmets are sold through Tucker Rocky, among other distributors. Surely there is a shop nearby that buys from Tucker? Or....a shop that sells Arai, and can get your helmet problem in front of their 'rep'. Key here is having a real human being handle it, vs. electronic response. Good Luck!

Try this # 610-837-4210 This # will get you to arai service. I belive they are in Pa. Any time I needed anything for my Arai, I always actually got a human being and was always treated well. No questions asked. Never even charged. Always received what I needed promptly. Hope this helps.

Marty

Check out The Service Pavillion in PA. They are on the net and they are Arai distributors. They come to all of the AMA races and I have gotten parts for helmets and shields. They are very good people and I am sure they can help you out.

I saw people saying they lost the black peice off the front bottom of their helmet. I have an Astral and the same problem - mine helmet is a couple of years old (bought it last year but it'd been on the shelf a while) but only used since Fall 04. The strip loosened about a month ago then came totally off. It's only seen rain twice. Anybody else losing the bottom molding on their Arai?

Try this # 610-837-4210 This # will get you to arai service. I belive they are in Pa. Any time I needed anything for my Arai, I always actually got a human being and was always treated well. No questions asked. Never even charged. Always received what I needed promptly. Hope this helps.

Marty

I'll second that. Granted that this was in '04. I needed a vent for my Signet GT and they sent it out right away, at a small charge. I did have to read them all the numbers from the inside of my helmet.

This year, I needed another one and tried ordering it from my local Cycle Gear, since I happened to be in there. It took over a month to get it.

Archived