IGNORED

A True Biker Gone

Bob Palin

My cousin Sue died today from injuries received in a car accident. She was an inspiration to me as a motorcyclist and adventurer riding several times in the Himalaya and even across the Gobi Desert (with a broken collar bone). We rode together for a few weeks in the American west but didn't see nearly enough of each other.

Her life was a ride tale, she lived for motorcycles, in fact I didn't even know she knew how to drive a car, she often emailed me about the travails of commuting to London by motorcycle in the winter.

In the picture she is on her bike in front of the temple in Lhasa

Lhasa or bust.jpg

She wasn't big on taking pictures but I will post more if I can get them.

Nice n Easy Rider

Condolences to you and the family. Sounds like your cousin was a very exciting and vibrant person who really lived life to the fullest.

What a pleasure it must have been to know her as a relative.

Sad news for sure.

Give you a hug tomorrow and perhaps we can have a gathering and you can tell us about her and her adventuresome spirit.

Sorry for your loss Bob. Sue sounds like a really neat lady...

Is she perched on a Royal Enfield in the pic? Tibet on a big single would REALLY be a trip :) !

Sorry for your loss Bob. Sue sounds like a really neat lady...

Is she perched on a Royal Enfield in the pic? Tibet on a big single would REALLY be a trip :) !

Yes, it is a Royal Enfield, I think she went to the subcontinent 5 times and rented Enfields there each time. They get their reliability from the availability of mechanics...
Scooterbrained

What a great loss to you and your family Bob, and, the motorcycling community as well.

Sorry to have to read that kind of news.

Marty

NE Florida

Her life was a ride tale, she lived for motorcycles.... Lhasa or bust.jpg

She wasn't big on taking pictures but I will post more if I can get them.

Sorry to hear this Bob. Wish more of us had the opportunity to have met her. This is fantastic picture - I hope you can locate and post more of them.

Sorry to hear that Bob. Indeed a great loss to the whole community. I'm also sorry I didn't see this before the weekend. I would have made you grimace through an extra hug!

Archived