IGNORED

fuel electronics part number issue

johnlt

A couple years ago, I purchased what I thought was a spare fuel electronics module prior to my Alaska trip (just in case)for my 06 GSA. It had been noted at that time as a high failure rate item. No issues on the trip so I still have the module. Now I have an 07 RT and the part numbers on the fisch are the same for the GSA and RT but my "spare" is different and I'm thinking they "upgraded" the part. It looks the same. I now have an issue with my fuel system on the RT and I'm guessing it is the fuel electronics module. My spare part numberris 16147708312 but the current MAX fisch has it s 16147720776. I spoke with Chicago BMW where I bought the part but they couldn't tell me if they are the same. Can anyone tell me if they are compatible.

Took it apart and there was water in the cavity so I blew it out and tried my spare and it works fine. Now I guess I need to try to seal it with some silicon grease or something.

The new fuel pump controller is supposed to be upgraded from the original. The new one is black powder coated and is supposed to be more water resistant than the original. From what I have read the problem is still there. You need to seal the unit with silicone better when it is installed.

Archived