IGNORED

RT gettin dusty

Ohio48

Boo-Hiss!!! :( Just kidding! :wave: My first Harley was a 86 Low Rider, second a 92 Ultra & I just recently picked up an 09 Street Glide. They are plain & simple, just fun to ride. Good luck with it.

Pat

I f-rt in your general direction. This is a ST forum. Where be the saddlebags, tank bag, top box and GPS.

Get out of here....

That thing is probably loud enough to blast the serenity out of the state of Texas.

I remember my Sportster days. All I can think about is the $2,000 in engine hop ups that I would want to perform. That thing was fun to work on, and fun to ride - especially with 96HP at the wheel by the time I finished with it!

-MKL

it's just a fun bike to ride short distances!!!

That's why I bought the Buell 1125CR. It's a scream to ride, but at 146 HP, it also doesn't get to really stretch its legs much around town (and you wouldn't want to take it on a long trip).

Wayne

it's just a fun bike to ride short distances!!!

That's why I bought the Buell 1125CR. It's a scream to ride, but at 146 HP, it also doesn't get to really stretch its legs much around town (and you wouldn't want to take it on a long trip).

Wayne

Well the bike the 48 replaced was a 2002 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird. It was fun, fast and smooth, but all the power was to tempting for me.

I borrowed a sportster similar to this one in Alaska for a day last summer. It was sort of fun, but I was ready to give it back at the end of the day. I found the lean angle problematic. I wouldn't trade trade my RT for one even if it came with free maintenance and a lifetime of fuel.

To each his own though. Enjoy :).

Jay

Survived-til-now

Sorry, misunderstood the direction of your post....

I assumed the picture meant your RT was getting dusty because the harley ran out of fuel between the front door and your garage...

:grin:

Sorry, misunderstood the direction of your post....

I assumed the picture meant your RT was getting dusty because the harley ran out of fuel between the front door and your garage...

:grin:

That is one thing I really love about my RT, just about 250 miles per tank, and the 48 gets about 70!!!

good for you! I bet it does everything better than my '71 Sportster. Namely, it probably runs.

But I suspect over time the RT will reel you back in.

RPG

My first street bike was a 75 Sporty.

I'll get the RT out once it starts getting cold around here!!!

Dennis Andress
I don't know, it's just a fun bike to ride short distances!!!

I suppose I should have included this picture when I said my knees would drag...

432403475_nWYcH-M.jpg

I suppose I should have included this picture when I said my knees would drag...

432403475_nWYcH-M.jpg

Yea, you would get a knee down in the corner before the peg feelers touch!!!

no thanx...i have had my share of harleys....took me 3 of them to figure out that NO amount of bolt on parts will FIX them.

i would rather ride my ktm 530 excr dual sport long distance than any of my harleys...

but i would rather ride a harley that drive a ford...so theres that...

but in reality, if you love it then rock on...i just feel sorry for all of the cattle that will loose their life so you can fit in with rest of the harley crowd, but conversely, you will do your part to spur on the economy with all of your disposable razors you will need to shave your head. And im so happy for all of the chinese and korean chrome factory workers that you will be supporting with thru your HD dealer purchases...

its all good

Yeah, real short. :rofl:

Does riding bar to bar count as a "long ride"? :S

BTW: Check out the fantastic cornering ability of the 883 Low. Wow, pegs down at something like 20 degrees lean angle. Gotta take curves real slow with this one. :eek:

i just feel sorry for all of the cattle that will loose their life so you can fit in with rest of the harley crowd,

I wear leathers and I've never owned a Harley in my life but they're goastskin, so no cow had to lose his life except to feed my hunger for bbq brisket.

Yeah, real short. :rofl:

Does riding bar to bar count as a "long ride"? :S

BTW: Check out the fantastic cornering ability of the 883 Low. Wow, pegs down at something like 20 degrees lean angle. Gotta take curves real slow with this one. :eek:

Pretty sure folks don't go buying these to carve up the Dragon.

Looks like a fun bike for a Sunday afternoon ride in the Delta, but that's it. I know a guy who does 2,000+ mile rides on his Sporty, but he's got a tougher butt than mine.

Those Sportsters are just pure, good looking bikes.My buddy has an 883 I ride on occation...wouldn't want to ride too far but they are beautiful..Have fun!

Because of this

48-7.jpg

Nice looking bike....

How did you get them to sell it to you with two rear tires? ;)

I just read the entire tread.

hahahaahahaa.... the comment about the "two rear tire" is funny as hell. THANKS FOR THE LAUGH !!!

It did take a while to figure out what you meant

I was searching for two tires in the back than I realized the the front tire is the same (fat) as the rear. Got it... Forgive me it is late in to the night.... :)

PS: about the small gas tank.

I had a Honda magna750 no fuel gauge only a warning light, and only got about 130miles on a 3 gallon tank. I hated it because of the frequent fill ups.

Your Harley... It is a nice bike , but that disproportional gas tank...yayks..

Cool bike! I rode one last summer. Reminded me of way I don't have one anymore. I'll still ride with you any day! The gas stops means taking in more of the sights! Really, anything with two wheels is a blast! Have fun!

Archived