IGNORED

1150RT to 1200RT migration - what can I bring over?

Dear_Leader

All,

I am considering upgrading the royal steed to a 1200RT but there are somethings I'd like to know about my 1150 mods ...

1/ Are the shocks interchangeable - I have Ohlins front and back, just rebuilt and I'd like to avoid buying new ones.

2/ Exhaust - will the 1150 staintune pipe fit?

Any advice appreciated.

Paul

Hi, Summer's almost there, huh?

Here's my advice to you....

If you're trading in your R1150RT, keep the tool kit.

Standard tool set comes with R1200RT is a big disappointment. dopeslap.gif

Thanks guys,

Oh well, I guess I have to live with it. I wish the fairing could come over as well - the 1200 is IMHO ugly, but I have to trade up (the unicorn people insist).

Whats the std exhaust like? If I don't take the crome option what do I get?

And on the shocks, anyone had experience getting spring rate stiffened? If I stay with the std shockers then I'll go the electronic adjustment route and stiffen them up one rate each. I am a big guy and a load it up when touring. On my 1150 I was banging the front guard and ground the belly pan away.

Cheers

Fat Bastard.

I tried to opt out of the chrome exhaust and was told no go - they all come with it. I am having a great time with the ESA on my R12RT - I always hated tweaking the preload and rebound adjustments - ESA makes it a dream.

Barry

"Chrome" exhaust is chrome plated Stainless Steel. I personally would go for the standard, Stainless Steel (satin finish) then polish. However one of the previous msg's. said unobtainium? Also some stories of chrome peeling off.

Ken which one? My tribute to Kim Jong Ill (by which I'd assume you think he's a great guy) or reference to a character from Austin Powers?

Paul

Folks,

I would appreciate if you stay out of politics.

My country just appointed a new foreign minister and he is a complete retard. Soon or later, he'll be the one to talk with your respecting Kim guy. tongue.gif

Archived