IGNORED

Up graded to R1200 RT.

duketr4

Hi All

Since joining the forum I've spent all my time seeking valuable information on my bike in the 'Oilheads' threads as I currently own a 04 RT.

Well finally I've had the pleasure of purchasing an 09 R1200RT that will be pickup early next week - and not surprisingly I'm very excited. I'm not sure what to expect, considering heated seats & ESA will all be a new experience of additional features.

I extend a warm hello to this new section of the forum & I look forward in seeking information as I've been doing for for quite some time with fantastic results.

This forum has saved my bacon on many occasions with fiddly little problems that otherwise would cost a fortune to rectify.

John

I had an 04 that I traded in on a new 09 last October. I liked the 04 a lot but I really love this 09, just about to turn 22k on it. You will love it. Completely different bikes.

John, I did the exact same thing in April. The 1200 is better in so many ways but my new motor isn't broke in like my o4...but I'm working on that! Enjoy

I guess I hold on to my bikes longer than most, upgrading to the R1200RT from a '96 R11RT.

Great bike. I thought the heated seats wouldn't do much, but found I really like them.

I also like the simplicity of ESA because I ride two up many times.

Enjoy!

I guess I hold on to my bikes longer than most, upgrading to the R1200RT from a '96 R11RT.

The only reason I upgraded was my local BMW dealer folded and made me an offer on a '09 demo I couldn't refuse. Oh, that and the 1.9% financing...

The only reason I upgraded was my local BMW dealer folded and made me an offer on a '09 demo I couldn't refuse. Oh, that and the 1.9% financing...

+1! A bad economy + leftover 2009s made for deals that were "too good to be true." My '04 still ran like a champ when I traded it in with 66k on it, but at those prices, I could not resist.

-MKL

Archived