IGNORED

Autocom Foam Microphone Windsock

E30TECH

thanks for the links. I have the round style mic - about the size of a nickel. I'm not sure if autocom has different styles.

Does the foam cover have to be the same shape, or does it just stretch over it?

I want the foam cover as the little pubes on the mic are getting caught in my mouth.

This could evolve into a whole nuther thread but the mods would kill it. :rofl:

I want the foam cover as the little pubes on the mic are getting caught in my mouth.

This could evolve into a whole nuther thread but the mods would kill it. :rofl:

Actually, they somehow get stuck in me teeth. Not even joking, its quite annoying. It feels like I have this on my mic...

Azden%20ECZ-990%20Shotgun%20Mic%20Windscreen.jpg

Not sure as any hunk of open cell foam (like some weatherstripping or earphone covers) would be any different and you could shape it to your liking with deeper foam in the direction the wind comes from.

Ben

The Autocom microphone design and boom etc are not the same as other brands and so I suggest you only use genuine Autocom service replacement parts rather than trying different brands, or you will change the acoustic effects and carefully designed balance and lose some of the noise cancelling, (reducing the important signal to noise ratio) which may make it harder to operate the VOX without turning the VOX level down, which you don’t want to do in order to help reduce the risk of false active the VOX.

I suggest that you replace the microphone covering with one of the genuine replacement microphone cover kits (perhaps once or twice a year if need be) to keep it in tip-top condition.

ONLY fit the optional windsock (Open Face Conversion Kit) if using an open face helmet. It shouldn’t need the OPEN FACE HELMET WIND SOCK in full face helmets, and using the OFCK reduces the efficiency and S/N ratio.

Hope that helps

Tom (ex Autocom designer/owner)

Archived