IGNORED

BRR Brats?

Matts_12GS

BRR Brats - Yes or No?  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lemme know as I would have to cook them and I'm kind of reticent at this late date. I could be persuaded with strong drink and warm adulation though.

Mostly strong drink though :rofl:

I voted only because I want to see which way the voting goes. I happily go either way. I LOVE the Brats and the loose get-together around them, but I know it is a lot of work. Going to munch somewhere else is fine too. If doing brats raise the price a dollar or two to get more money to BMWST?

I voted, but will do either.

Some of those eateries in MV had motorcycles parked out front eith unsavory characters hanging around them.

Be afraid...

Beer only and then ride out to eat? Hmmmm.... One of the nice things about the brats and the Saturday dinner is that you can eat/drink what you want and then just hit the sack when you feel like it.

Nice n Easy Rider
Beer only and then ride out to eat? Hmmmm.... One of the nice things about the brats and the Saturday dinner is that you can eat/drink what you want and then just hit the sack when you feel like it.

+1 on that but I also don't want to see Matt and/or Shawn stuck doing a lot of work. Maybe one of the local places delivers and we could order pizza or que or whatever else brought in.

The biggest hassle is that we don't have the regular hotel management that weekend so they won't be used to us. I had to truck a grill over hill and dale in a borrowed truck in Dillsboro. Since I'm trailering I can bring a grill, but that only shifts the effort.

Lets see what shakes out over the weekend, prep time is only a couple hours plus the freezing and I have a smallish grill unless we can talk a local into being in charge of bringing the heat...

How about talking with the Inn's restaurant and set aside a area for us on Friday. No group dinner, everybody on his own. That way we can have beer or whatever outside while tire telling and lie kicking and then have dinner in house. It might need another poll to see how many would like to do that, no obligation or commitment, just to tell the restaurant approximately how many extra guests they might have.

Can't we control our urge long enough to make it through dinner, get back to the hotel, then start drinking?

I voted, but will do either.

Some of those eateries in MV had motorcycles parked out front eith unsavory characters hanging around them.

Be afraid...

I was just there Thursday and Friday this week. I think I was the only BMW in MV and I needed to eat, so I pulled into the only restaurant that didn't have bikes parked out front. Sure enough, two cruisers pull in and park on both sides...I swore I heard one of them say "BMW...git a rope!"

Why not just call the local Pizza Hut and start with an order of ten large when enough people get there to pay for a half of each; i.e. twenty people in. As more people get back, have them chip in for the next round of orders. This assumes that we can take over the Tiki bar area for ourselves.

---

I voted for the Brats, but I am game for anything else.

I'm calling for an investigation into voter fraud. I think the union is strong arming it's members and we may even have Harley riders voting :P

Someone did not just say Pizza Hut in a Brats thread.

:eek:

If we don't have Brats, either done by a solo, or each cooking his/her own ride, err Brat, then I'm not up for a group fast food

foray.

We'll manage, there are choices that invovle Q.

What Matt hasn't said here is that currently we are still not even at 30 people registered for this event. So if we do this it will be for a crowd that is literally about 40% of what we had at Dilsboro. That's a lot of effort by the time he buys the brats, the beans and anything else we have there along with hauling the grill all the way from Florida just to make sure we have food at a place that already has a restaurant on-site (not to mention the other restaurants that are within a 5 minute ride).

I always commend Matt's efforts on this and I know that there is a certain pride in making it happen again, but this time I think its a bit much for the amount of people we have showing up this fall.

Just my $0.02

Shawn

Nice n Easy Rider

Thanks for sharing that info Shawn. I noticed that the registration wasn't climbing very rapidly. I agree that it would be asking too much for Matt to take this on once again for the BRR, regardless of the size of the crowd. I'm sure we'll manage just fine to find some suitable vittles. :grin:

What's wrong with ordering pizza......call them when you know the count so they can prepare.

Don't ask Matt to haul all that stuff up from Florida.

Gil Horsley

What's wrong with ordering pizza

Nothing if you like it....

Matt...you are a good guy with a bad wing....Forrrrgeeetttt about it....Use what's left of that wing power for riding...

Dang, now someone has brought wings into a Brat thread.

:/

Sounds like a respite from food prep and a "see you at the Tiki Bar" 'roundabout Xish" is in order.

:lurk:

Joe Frickin' Friday
What Matt hasn't said here is that currently we are still not even at 30 people registered for this event.

31 now. Sorry, I forgot to formally register until I saw your post here (so that's what you meant the other day! :dopeslap:).

If it's such a modest crowd, and Matt's meat-twirling arm isn't 100%, then ordering a truckload of pizzas might be a better way to keep a bunch of drunks off of their bikes for the evening and score a couple of bucks for BMWST.com.

And if nothing happens, no harm/no foul. There's LOTS of good restaurants in the area, and the beer-drinking can be postponed until the bikes get parked for the night.

Based on what others have said, I checked and my registration was not listed. I KNOW I filled out the form weeks ago, as well as submitting my request and Paypal for Saturday dinner. I went ahead and filled it out again.

Anyway, that should bring us up to 34, at least...

I'm with Glenn, I'm pretty sure I registered, but it wasn't listed ... 35 :wave:

(Oh, and while I love the brats ... I'm with the crowd who says let Matt save his strength for riding! :grin: )

I too believe I registered but it wasn't listed either. That should be another two! I also registered another friend of mine who is coming with a possible guest.

I agree with the crowd! Pizza...:)

Keith

>>at least my throttle twisting arm is still strong

I assume that is also your drinking arm.... I'd hate to see you not able to drink because of a bum arm!

Jim

at least my throttle twisting arm is still strong.

Is that what we men are calling that now......How PC.

I call that "burping the worm" or "polishing the chrome"

:rofl:

Well, I don't know if we have made a decision here or not, but I live just a few miles from Maggie Valley and wouldn't mind trucking my grill to the hotel on Friday if that would help. Heck, I could even pick up some Brats somewhere if someone else could arrange for the beans and what-not. I can also make some pretty good barbecued chicken if there is any interest.

I'm on call for my group on Friday, but am almost certain that I could work around that ("Just keep doing CPR until I finish this round of brats, will ya!").

Jay

Jay, that is much appreciated, but I think we're going to pass since the hotel has undergone some changes in the folks on hand and with the tiki bar arrangement.

Unless you want to host it at your house...

Everybody meet at Jay's house! He's buying! :D

Hey, how come all the lights are out? What do you mean, nobody's home? Sure you got the address right?

---

Archived