IGNORED

Aviation junkie alert!!!!!!!

Firefight911

I've had great times at Edwards. Been stationed there twice and loved every minute of it. During my last assignment there I distictly remember sitting on the flightline watching a B-2 on final with an F-22 doing EOR checks and a CV-22 in the pattern--all in the same sight picture--just awesome!

Not to mention a great photo of 1bmwfan jamming to guitar hero in my living room!

Slyder

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Yep, that right there is 4 of only 7 flying P-38s. One of those in your photo is Glacier Girl.

I had no idea. That, my friend, is a shame for such a beautiful and significant aircraft.

The last P-38 racing at Reno was Lefty Gardner's. Unfortunately, the plane was crash landed, sold to Red Bull and transported to Austria.

There were supposed to be 6 P-38s at the Reno Air Races this year, but the most I saw was two.

Reno had major issues with the winds on The final day (Sunday) which saw the cancellation of the T-6 Gold, a crash on landing after a mayday of one of the super sport class Thunder Mustangs. A ground loop at the end of the same race by the second Thunder Mustang, and the cancellation of the big event, the Unlimited Gold.

I will be posting photos from the races over the weekend, but have posted the sequence that I captured of the Thunder Mustang crash. Giboney, the pilot, walked away...

Reno Air Races 2010

The last P-38 racing at Reno was Lefty Gardner's. Unfortunately, the plane was crash landed, sold to Red Bull and transported to Austria.

There were supposed to be 6 P-38s at the Reno Air Races this year, but the most I saw was two.

Reno had major issues with the winds on The final day (Sunday) which saw the cancellation of the T-6 Gold, a crash on landing after a mayday of one of the super sport class Thunder Mustangs. A ground loop at the end of the same race by the second Thunder Mustang, and the cancellation of the big event, the Unlimited Gold.

I will be posting photos from the races over the weekend, but have posted the sequence that I captured of the Thunder Mustang crash. Giboney, the pilot, walked away...

Reno Air Races 2010

Ugh. Sickening to see that but wonderful there were no injuries.

Looks like Thursday was the perfect day.

Archived