IGNORED

I retired from facebook

sgendler

This thread is mostly to explain why I dropped off of various folks' friends lists today. I pruned my friends list down to the bare minimum today - almost entirely old school friends and family and folks I have a multi-dimensional relationship with. It's not a comment on how much I do or do not like anyone in my social circle so much as it is a comment on how much I dislike facebook. I've got a perfectly good place to interact with you folks right here, so here is where I will do so. It's been nice reading about your totally random life events and trains of thought - well, as nice as it has been to read mine, I'm sure.

Mostly, I've realized that after nearly 3.5 years without riding, I clearly am not going to recover my interest in it anytime soon, so this is mostly my bidding you all a fond farewell. I may make an appearance in Torrey from time to time, but I doubt it will be overly frequent. Enjoy. Ride safe. I'll see you all around some time.

--sam

yOU aRE a good man, and a good friend to me and to this board, Sam.!

Hope you stay filled with joy and safe.

Be well - my friend - be well.

Hope to hear from you down the road.

OK, but other than your comment about the K bike mirror vibration

at X rpm's, my interest in your posts haven't been mc related.

:) (allow me to be the first, last emoticom)

You provide a cogent, persuasive, and well written POV on many topics.

Thanks.

Best wishes.

May the road rise up to meet you.

May the wind be always at your back.

May the sun shine warm upon your face;

the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,

may the Good Lord hold you in the palm of His hand. :thumbsup:

That makes sense Sam. My neighbor wanted to fb me and I explained how I use it. It's a communication tool and how you manage it is what works best for you. I will have to share more photos of Nigel here :)

Facebook drives me crazy. I keep getting unsolicited pictures of Other People's Pets. :/

Sammie - You are one of the old guard, and I hate to see those pillars go. I just checked to see when Short Cut last posted, and it was when David turned over the reigns. Enjoy the next chapter, and let me know when you are giving up your music collection...

May the road rise up to meet you.

May the wind be always at your back.

May the sun shine warm upon your face;

the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,

may the Good Lord hold you in the palm of His hand. :thumbsup:

May you live to be a hundred, then one more year, to repent!

May you be in heaven, a half hour before the devil knows you are dead.

Quitter.

Perfect :/

Sam, I have always enjoyed reading your stuff. I hope to see you roll into Torrey another time and say once again "if someone comes looking for me, I've been here for at least 30 minutes". :thumbsup:

Oh...and as for fb, I think I am one of about 17 people left in the US who have never joined.....so... :)

be well Sam, see you around..... hopefully. :wave:

Shawn

"Oh...and as for fb, I think I am one of about 17 people left in the US who have never joined.....so... smile

be well Sam, see you around..... hopefully. :wave:

+1

Make that 18...

"Oh...and as for fb, I think I am one of about 17 people left in the US who have never joined.....so... smile

+1

Make that 18...

Hermits :wave:

I kept you and Janet around on facebook so that I'll see the inevitable Torrey traffic on your profiles and maybe be occasionally inspired to come out. And cause you're english. You're my token bmwst link now.

Francois_Dumas

+1

Make that 18...

:rofl:

I kept you and Janet around on facebook so that I'll see the inevitable Torrey traffic on your profiles and maybe be occasionally inspired to come out. And cause you're english. You're my token bmwst link now.
I'm honoured, you are always welcome at my place.
I'm honoured, you are always welcome at my place.

Mine too, even though you dissed me.

:rofl:

Dennis Andress

facebook - the great indoors. Like going to the mall to see and be seen.

Take care Sam, ride good. I look forward to seeing you at Torrey.

129583927_Y8zHs-M.jpg

I do hope to see you here from time to time. You always bring an intelligent and well thought out POV to the discussions. You have lots of heart Sammy, I'll miss that.

Archived