IGNORED

Aux input to OE radio?

BoxerChief

Just picked up my '06 R12RT w/OE radio. I would like to know if there is an aux input to this system. There is an aux input selection in the menu if the CD* button is pressed and held for a few seconds. I would like to have a direct connection into the system for a sat rcvr if possible.

Thanks,

BoxerChief

Connection of the AUX input is not straightforward at present. BMW will bring out a "Box" in mid 2006 for the purpose, but it will be expensive and only work with the bluetooth helmets. I have devised a solution which enables straight switching between radio and AUX which I will send you if you e-mail me off-board at rsyme@eircom.net.

Problem at present is that the input is at a low volume and there is no way to increase that volume without an extra amplifier. I will e-mail you the solution if you want.

Regards

Not familiar with the antenna connections, but a wired FM modulator would probably be almost as trick as getting AUX to work at the proper volume.

While researching the problem I tried the FM modulator - I found that it was hard to get a station which was always free and without interference. The additional amplifier and AUX lead solves it once and for all at a modest cost - very modest compared to the proposed BMW "box" plus bluetooth!!!!!! and the install is pretty simple clap.gif

Archived