IGNORED

R.I.P. Bob Erb

RedHot

I just heard about this and thought I'd pass it on. I'm not sure if he was active on this forum but I know he loved to ride and was a big supporter of Nate Kern. I worked with him a little bit with the BMW Sport Riders and he was a very nice guy. I"m so sorry to hear this....This is what was posted....

Hi Folks,

Last Sunday 09/05/10 we lost Bob Erb who was one of our local riding buddies in a motorcycle accident. He had been attending the Finger Lakes Rally up in NY with four other local riders from our group and was on his way home riding near Renovo, PA when he missed a tight hairpin curve and crashed. He initially survived the crash but died a short time later. Bob was 72 years old and was quite a character. He was a pilot in the air force in his younger days and was still a practicing attorney here in Savannah, GA. He was an excellent rider who always wore all of his safety gear and was always up for a ride. Bob completed a 50 CC in 2007 and earned an Iron Butt certification for this ride. We will truly miss him but take some comfort in knowing that he died doing what he truly loved to do. Everyone please stay safe out there.

They are having a memorial ride for him this Wednesday, if anyone wants details, please send me a PM.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. This is so sad.

My condolences to family and friends.

Makes me feel terrible. I was on the road on my way to Watkins Glen. I was the first rider that stopped. It was on rt. 144 just South of Renovo. Already two cars were there. He was sitting on the ground and alert, didn't seem to be critical. There was no cell phone connection. Several other riders stopped. As there was nothing I could do there, I hightailed it to Renovo, about 10 miles, pushing it but thinking I don't want to be the next one. Straight to the fire station. The ambulance left right away while I was there. Sad that they didn't make it in time.

My condolences to family and friends.

Makes me feel terrible. I was on the road on my way to Watkins Glen. I was the first rider that stopped. It was on rt. 144 just South of Renovo. Already two cars were there. He was sitting on the ground and alert, didn't seem to be critical. There was no cell phone connection. Several other riders stopped. As there was nothing I could do there, I hightailed it to Renovo, about 10 miles, pushing it but thinking I don't want to be the next one. Straight to the fire station. The ambulance left right away while I was there. Sad that they didn't make it in time.

You did the right thing, for sure! It's a hard(er) thing when you are involved. Be sure to find a professional to talk to if you feel the slightest need. Thanks for what you did!

Archived