IGNORED

K1300S Yikes!

99rtRon

Took delivery of a 2010 K 1300S yesterday to sit along side my 99rt.

What a difference an extra 100 horsepower makes! ha

Still love the RT.

Either your math is bad or you are the only one with a 210 hp k1300s.

Ken

Still love the RT.

Either your math is bad or you are the only one with a 210 hp k1300s.

Ken

I don't believe the 99RT was rated at 110 hp.

I wasn't making an engineering statement or demeaning the RT. I love mine.

What I was trying to say in fun was that the K13S is one powerful and capable motorcycle.

It may be an 85 hp difference or it may be 110 but I can report without reservation that it will accelerate faster than any bike I have ever ridden. The clutchless shift feature and traction control make it a very entertaining machine. This motorcycle and the hills of western Arkansas promise a nice autumn riding experience. Now does someone want to pick on Arkansas as a riding destination??

Happy Trails Boys

Happy Trails Boys.

I wasn't making an engineering statement or demeaning the RT. I love mine.

What I was trying to say in fun was that the K13S is one powerful and capable motorcycle.

It may be an 85 hp difference or it may be 110 but I can report without reservation that it will accelerate faster than any bike I have ever ridden. The clutchless shift feature and traction control make it a very entertaining machine. This motorcycle and the hills of western Arkansas promise a nice autumn riding experience. Now does someone want to pick on Arkansas as a riding destination??

Happy Trails Boys

Happy Trails Boys.

I agree, saying the same thing. My reason for posting the actual HP for the RT was to satisfy anyone who wants exact numbers. Of course I hope those people don't think any of these numbers are exact....because the maker provided them.

I am not going to try one for the same reasons I never tried cocaine........I am afraid I will like it, and I know I can't afford it........It is not the price of aquisition I am refering to.......It it the price of keeping my DL.

If I got a bike that hot, I might as well turn in my license when I went to register it.

Still love the RT.

Since it is just going to sit along side the RT, does the extra horsepower really matter much. Just saying'...........

Enjoy the new bike.

We just had a customer trade his 2001 R1100 Roadster than is like new, w/6,000 miles and not a scratch on it, for a bumblebee K1200 S.

He's a happy camper.

The 1300 may be in his future.

:thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Now have a fully-loaded K1300S after the previous naked R1200R (which I really enjoyed), but the K is a whole different experience. The '09 K13S has over 23,000mi trouble-free miles on it. Had the bike custom dyno-tuned 6K mi ago with a PC5 and it has taken the bike to another level of excellence with wonderful throttle response, no flat spots in curve, and increased fuel mileage, not to mention more torque/hp. I like the K13 because of its brute torque down low and midrange, far more usable than on a K12. Bike used to average 47mpg on typical route (open roads with few traffic stops) but now up to 50mpg. If on interstates at steady 80mph speeds it will exceed 51mpg. Very comfortable without the bulk of the GT.

The K13S is NOT a sportbike; it's really a solo sport-touring bike. Too heavy to be a true sportbike, but more flickable than a 13GT.

Like any motorcycle, if you use its power in wrong places, you can easily get a citation.

Have quite a few mods on the bike which produces over 190 crank-hp as the summer heat has passed. The PC5/motor just love the colder air. Bike has K&N's and custom fabricated slip-on/midpipe, fully str-thru behind the stock header with flapper valve still in place.

Couple pics:

Parts have been metallic blue and clear powdercoated.

Grabrailsstd2.jpg

The pic below was taken before I traded out the unnecessary OEM tail rack.

K13sBlWhls-8.jpg

Prefer the small rollbag sitting right on seat over a hard case. Use much larger rollbag for very long trips.

K13sLuggage4.jpg

I like the K13 because of its brute torque down low and midrange, far more usable than on a K12.

Yeah the old K12S is so lethargic it won't even outrun a Busa. :) I guess it's all relative.

Great looking bike, love the wheels. I got the blue and silver K12 because of the wheels. It's sitting over there next to the Vehron. Hey Edd. :wave:

Archived