IGNORED

Can't open my saddle bag

Lmar

Both saddle bags seems had to open. You really have to press the release hard. Now I can't open the left one, no matter how hard I press the release. Any suggestions?

Well I opened it. Put the key in the lock and pressed down, use a knife to gently lift the lever up. It opened without me f***en it up.

Now, how do I solve the problem of having to pry the flap up to open the case. Is there an area that should be lubricated?

L-Mar, don't "pry" the flap up. Push it down then press the button and hold the button down then the fap will pop up. Works every time. Same thing on the top case.

L-Mar, don't "pry" the flap up. Push it down then press the button and hold the button down then the fap will pop up. Works every time. Same thing on the top case.

It doesn't matter how hard I press the button, the flap will not pop on my left bag. On the right one I have to have the key in and push on the button to get the flap to pop up.

I wonder if something is miss aligned?

This may be a warranty issue. Check with the deLer. There is a recall

Once open put some pressure on the bag when closing it. That should help prevent a reoccurance

Poster: KarlS

Subject: Re: Can't open my saddle bag

This may be a warranty issue. Check with the deLer. There is a recall

Yes I think I will take both side cases to the dealers next weekend. I plan to phone them on Monday.

L-Mar, They're saying push DOWN on the paddle at the same time as you're pushing down on the key button. Seems a little counter-intuitive but this is what helps the paddle to then "pop" up. (Maybe you already understood this, but it's not clear from your last post).

Regarding the recall, is this the one that came in two phases - the first for police cases only and the second for many of the "normal" cases? Anyway your dealer could tell by VIN if your RT is included.

L-Mar, They're saying push DOWN on the paddle at the same time as you're pushing down on the key button. Seems a little counter-intuitive but this is what helps the paddle to then "pop" up. (Maybe you already understood this, but it's not clear from your last post).

Thanks, I caught that after I posted. I have used that method a number of times over the last year. This time their is something going on with the linkage, I think.

Hmm, my right right side bag is getting a bit "difficult" to open without some undue gyrations, especially when it is stuffed with, well, stuff!

I'll give it a quick shot with some decent lube and see if that helps out any.

AD

Archived