IGNORED

almuninum bags for 12GS

jimswms

I'm in the market for hard bags, and am not interested in the BMW ones. I was gonna go with Jesse's, but, after some research, hear they are a little inconsistent in build quality. I'm still considering them, but, am looking for others. The Touratech come to mind. They look really nice.

Any recommendations, or comments re: the Jesse's? Esp., from someone using them on a new GS.

thanks,

Jim

I've put Jesse's on 5 12gs's. All are happy. I have not seen any types of problems but admit to reading about them. #6 and 7 will be installed in the next few days. I am sure that the TT's are good as well tho I have not tried them.

Two different friends of mine are planning BIG trips (one couple, 'Round The World, the other fellow Prudhoe Bay, Alaska to Ushuaia, South America). Both are fastidiuos researchers when it comes to finding the 'best equipment for the intended purpose'.

The couple embarking on RTW trip have purchased Happy Trails panniers, manufactured in Boise, ID. The fellow doing the 'Americas' tour has decided on the Jesse bags (and told me he thought it was funny that some folks on another forum claim the Jesse bags are "too well built").

So there are two excellent options for you to investigate.

Cheers.

Archived