IGNORED

I need a new battery

tgregg

My battery is really old and is not holding a charge. Is there a list of battery suggestions here some where? This one is a gel cell but I've never been thrilled with it so I'm looking for suggestions please.

Agree with Phil on the AGM. Far superior to a Gel, no matter what brand you get. I have the Odyssey PC680, a bit higher cost but has held up extremely well.

I went the cheaper batter route on the first replacement battery. Ended up with a PC 680 last time. The difference in cranking speed ( even comparing "new" battery condition as well as I could remember ) is quite noticeable. Just spend the few extra dollars on the PC 680. My $.02

Yes, that is a good price :thumbsup: Fess up now, where did you get it.

I just purchaesed an Odessy PC680 at Batteries Plus for $109.50 (plus tax $118.53) and I didn't have to wait for shipping! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after 6+ years I think my OEM battery is about to check out. After listening to the bike crank real slow before firing up yesterday, I headed out and noticed my clock had reset.

I think I'll go ahead and get the Odyssey, but when I went to the Batteries Plus website, they list a PC680-P and a PC680MJ-A, with the latter being about $18 more. Anyone here know what the difference is, and is one preferred above the other for a 2004 1150RT? Also, do you need buy some special adapter terminals for the RC680's or do they come with them. I seem to remember a post about that a while back.

Finally, $109 seems to be a great price at BP, how did you get that? Was there a sale or coupon code? The website is showing me $134/$152 for the 2 versions (I did find a 10% off code for online orders, but was planning to just go to my local store and buy one).

Thanks,

John L.

Hi John

The "MJ" means Metal Jacket. Basically that battery has tin wrapped around it.

And on a 2004 the Metal Jacket will have to be removed. (DAMHIKT)

You can make your own adapters out of 1/2 inch copper pipe.

+ 1 on having to remove the metal jacket. I bought the MJ several years ago because that was the only PC680 they had at the store and I was 40 miles from home. Plus I had the left tupperware off and the old battery removed.

If anybody wants the MJ let me know, it is now holding nuts, bolts and screws.

Archived