IGNORED

New printer, fax, copier

AZKomet

Ok, I need a new printer with all the goods. Bought the HP 6500 6 months ago and what a POS it is....NOTHING but trouble. Jams, shuts down and always doing a self check. Pissing me off as i need to print something and it goes belly up w/o warning. The reviews on it were good but guess what? It is a POS for sure..So, can you guys provide a real life scenario printer that will do the job and be RELIABLE????????? TIA Dave

Canon has always been reliable for me ... have had 2 or 3 of the mid/low end ones, zero issues. Here's a LINK to the Canon printer pages - you should be able to google a specific model if any appeal to you and get better prices somewhere else

I went to Fry's Electronics this Pm and picked up an Epson WF 615 and it seems to work good with my Mac....HP what a joke that was!! We shall see what the Epson yields!!

Just like this movie line: Russian components, American components...ALL MADE IN TAIWAN!!!!!!! :P

FWIW, we got an HP 6500 wireless about six months ago as well and it has worked flawlessly from the get go. Ten days ago we moved from a PC to an iMac and it's working just as well as it did with the PC/netbooks/iPad. Guess you can get a lemon in anything.

I have a Lexmark Platinum Pro905 that I really like.

I too have been very frustrated by my HP experiences and bought the Lexmark a few months ago.

The Lexmark is an excellent printer with the following caveats:

1) Document sheet feeder of scanner only width adjusts between standard letter size and A4. Has not caused my any problem at all.

2) Minor print driver issues with Adobe Acrobat Reader only when embedded within Internet Explorer. Window Z-order issues and some printing preferences issues such as double sided printing only allow manual as opposed to auto. Easy to work around when necessary by directly opening document with Adobe Reader.

Printer is reliable, speedy, and the drivers, even though slightly problematic, do not hang or crash like so many HP drivers do...

I have had nothing but trouble with hp printers with several different windows platforms, xp, vista, me, 98. always seems to be some driver/patch issue. I have two left, they will be the last. Problems on my work HP printing as well, but that one seems to be a bit more durable than my home printers.

We've got two printers--an Epson MX860 (wi-fi enabled color inkjet) and an HP 1006 LaserJet. Both have worked well, with the exception of a period after Apple's last major update of its OS, which resulted in bajillions of print driver issues for Mac users everywhere.

I had a lot of problems with the HP multifunction inkjet printer I had previously, but these two have been trouble-free. Their little laser printers are a great value and print quickly. If color isn't needed, you can't go wrong.

FWIW, we got an HP 6500 wireless about six months ago as well and it has worked flawlessly from the get go. Ten days ago we moved from a PC to an iMac and it's working just as well as it did with the PC/netbooks/iPad. Guess you can get a lemon in anything.

+1 for about a year.

Francois_Dumas
Thanks guys...time will tell. And yes, lemons abound!!!!!!

Lemme know how you fare with the Epson. Been thinking about one myself as a photo and office printer. Not happy with the HP Officejet 2610 anymore... and the 150D broke down long time ago

I needed to print ASAP yesterday with the HP and its history of failure was no different when I went to print an emergency doc. I hooked up the Epson and it spit out 60 pages w/o a hitch.

For now it is ok...but it is still new and I will let you know in the long run its success rate.

Archived