IGNORED

Anyone Used a Sheepskin Pad on Top of an Airhawk?

RockBottom

I did for about two years. The real important part with the AirHawk is the correct air level. Many don't seem to like it, but their comments lead me to believe they over inflate the AirHawk.

I switched back to just the sheepskin and have been just using that for this riding season. But I might go back to the AirHawk/sheepskin combination, as I seem to develop a sore back while riding now, that I didn't with the combination.

So, yes it is a very nice combination, or at least it was for me.

If you put beadriders on top of the sheepskin on top of the airhawk... your feet can't touch the ground.

I stood in my garage, beadrider in hand, thinking about it earlier this evening. I'd need platform boots a la KISS.

I did for about two years. The real important part with the AirHawk is the correct air level. Many don't seem to like it, but their comments lead me to believe they over inflate the AirHawk.

I switched back to just the sheepskin and have been just using that for this riding season. But I might go back to the AirHawk/sheepskin combination, as I seem to develop a sore back while riding now, that I didn't with the combination.

So, yes it is a very nice combination, or at least it was for me.

Darn--I thought I'd invented something. This reminds me of the time when I was a kid. I thought I'd written a song. I worked and worked on the little organ to get it just right. Some time later I was somewhere and heard my song played. It was Bach's Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring.

Yes, rider and pillion, for years.

Posted this before.

We sometimes ride with stock saddle, sometimes just sheepskin, sometimes sheepskin and Airhawk.

Depends on type of roads and distance to be covered.

Beth's longest day was back home from Kentucky 600+ miles.

Anything over 250 one way we'll add the Airhawk, or carry it along and add it somewhere down the road.

Solo riding in twisties I usually park the Airhawk, 2 up more sedate it may be used, or not.

At the UN we brought it and didn't add it in the mountains.

BTW, I don't have trouble reaching the ground with them in place.

:/

Now that's funny. I love my Hawk but I miss the old sheep skin. She was much comfort in the tent at night.
How can you be sure it was a "she" skin in the tent with you?
Talk about the Princess and the pea.....

try a beadrider.

BTDT.

Like lilliputians attacking with dromedaries.

:P

As in most issues, many find it beneath them to respond.

:wave:

Saddles and seat accomodations are truly a journey into the underworld.

:eek:

How can you be sure it was a "she" skin in the tent with you?

It didn't matter, we were camping and it acted like a trollop.

Damn it, man, now I'm confused and she's moved on. You'll never know and I'll admit nothing if asked.

I did replace my 1st Airhawk after it burst coming home from the Chief Joseph. Musta had it 5-7 years. I got the small cruiser for $100 =10 for shipping from some place back east.

What a booty saver those things are. Not very romantic though.

I just tried it in my garage and it felt absolutely fantastic. Can't wait to give it a spin on the road.

I am having images of the princess and the pea......go get an RDL, no stacking required. :grin:

Just read the other responses....I guess I could have just said +1.

Archived