IGNORED

Windshield Recommendations

Steve Kolenda

Steve Kolenda

I will be taking delivery of a 2011 R1200RT and during our test ride I found the stock windshield to be very short. My 2000 R1100RT had a Cee Baileys + 2" on it but I'm not sure that + 2" is going to be enough on the new bike. Is the windshield on the newer models shorter than my 2000 RT? I thought that I had read somewhere that the newer 1200 actually had a taller windshield. Also is there any consensus on who makes the best aftermarket windshield? Thanks in advance.

Steve

You can raise or lower the windshield by installing another set of mounting holes. By putting the 'new' mounting holes in above the originals, this lowered the windshield. I did cut off an inch or so from the bottom center point with a belt sander in order to clear the fairing.

I lowered the windshield on my '07 enough to have a clear view of the road in the twisties, and there was enough travel available in the electrical control to raise it high enough to deflect the wind above the wife's head on the freeway.

To raise the windshield, put the 'new' mounting holes in below the originals.

This way you can put the windshield where you want it with no additional expense.

bobanddianne

Check out Aeroflow...I went with one after reading some positive reviews on this board. Very nice improvement for me on my '98 RT...raising it about 1/3 up has the same effect as raising the stocker all the way...and has greatly minimized the wife's head being buffeted by turbulence.

Archived