IGNORED

Windshield Question

Ernie2

Just installed a Russell saddle on the R12RT. Excellent quality and super comfortable, but have one minor problem, the seat sets me higher than the stock one. This requires me to ride with the wind shield in the full up position to minumize the buffeting. Aeroflow has a taller shield available, and I really like the looks of it. Would like to know if somebody has experience with this windshield on their R12RT? Would really appreciate any advice and information.

Thanks Loads

Ernie strawn

I've been testing Aeroflow's shields for months. I'm 6'1", have a Bill Mayer saddle (that's taller than stock), and my favorite Aeroflow is the medium height. Just have to raise it a couple of inches for still air around my head.

Aeroflow has a taller shield available, and I really like the looks of it. Would like to know if somebody has experience with this windshield on their R12RT? Would really appreciate any advice and information.

I've been testing the new Aeroflow as well.. 6'4", Bill Mayer saddle in high position.. I'm using the 31" shiled and it works great.. You'll be please with the results.

Ernie, there is another way to go than a bigger windscreen, a shorter one! Lots of riders like clean air with no buffetting on their helmets (clean air down past the bottom of the helmet). Even a little bit of buffetting is very uncomfortable compared to putting your helmet in clean air. Clean air is very quiet with earplugs.

If I had a 12RT, I'd put a smaller screen on it and run it in the down position unless it was wet out.

Just my 2 cents... Get a bigger screen if you like that pocket of still air. That's cool on an RT too but I couldn't get a completely still pocket on my RT with a +4.5" Cee Bailey screen, I always had some buffetting. I won't do buffetting again. Good luck with your setup.

I am another tester for Aeroflow. I am 6'2" and have the standared seat set on the low position. I prefer the longer windscreen, it has a different lip at top and is easier to see through without distortion. Whichever you choose I'm sure you will be pleased with the results. I am.

Thanks loads Craig for the information. Just curious is the 31" screen the same as the tall windshield listed on the Aeroflow site?

Ernie

I am 6' 3" with the normal seat and have tried the Cee Bailey 24.5" windshield which I found to have to much protection. Because of the "flip" in these new windshields, their height as measured from the ground, is taller than you would think just measuring their length, substantially more than the stock unit. They made me a 23.5" w/s which is perfect for me, lots of protection and a good view. The 24.5 lenght was very high as viewed from on the bike, I could hardly raise the w/s at all before I couldn't see over it.

Archived