IGNORED

Hey from SoCal

sh1bby69

Hey guys! New to the forum. I am actually looking to getting an 09 BMW F650GS. I currently ride a 08 MP3 500. I wanted to get more informed on the F650GS before I look to trading in my bike for it. So just stoppin by to say what's up and hopefully become a new owner.

DaveTheAffable

Welcome! I don't know where in So Cal you are, but 2nd Tuesday of the month we have Coffee Moto... or is it Moto Coffee? Any way, at the Koffee Klatch, Arrow Highway @ 210 fwy in glendora.

Mostly Touring guys... but you're welcome.

I was just poking around on one at the dealership in San Diego today - it seemed reasonably light, manageable and not too high off the ground - I think it would be a great step up from the MP3.

I was actually taking a friend there to look at the F650 and F800GS, but we wound up test riding an S1RR (insanity on two wheels), and next thing I know, my friend is buying it...so much for him wanting a dual-sport...

Where are you in SoCal? We're always looking for people and places to go riding, and even though my friend will soon have the afore-mentioned RR, we usually don't go terribly fast because he has to wait for my tired old RT.

The new F650gs is a bit detuned from the F800gs. Supposedly more lower end torque and less high end oomph.

The 650 is a bit less tall than the 800. If you are long in the inseam you'd be ok on either.

If the bikes run like my 800ST, plan on high 50's to low to mid 60's for mpg.

One very experienced Iron Butt, GS rider friend wishes she had gotten the 650 instead of the 800 after putting a number of miles on it due to the inseam situation. It's this falling down thing.

And I put the Klatch meet on the calendar this month so I won't miss it. Come hear knowledgeable people pontificate. No lies or story establishments are allowed.

DaveTheAffable
Coffee Klatch..... come by .... welcome. Don't be put off by Dave and his high Viz coat and Purple/pink hand grips.

Hey.. the purple grips are GONE! I got a new 2010RT

:rofl:

5232.jpg.cc4d78c5a2db734b9635e8076ee67390.jpg

Thanks for the kind words! I'm still on the edge on doing the trade. One thing is I don't want to regret the trade. The Piaggio is really my first real purchase and I just paid the last payment maybe 3 or 4 months ago. I am located in South Orange County. I would like to get more info or opinion on how you guys would look at the trade? BTW i can't seem to find the subscription button to notify me if there are any new replies.

BTW they are offering me the bike $7995.95 out the door and if I were to trade in my Piaggio MP3 it would be no more than $4300. The bike itself ran really smooth and from what I can tell is running well and in order. There are scratches from what seems like branches or even the riders boots scraped it. The battery may need to be charged or changed because it had a hard time starting but does start. What do you think?

Archived