IGNORED

Yes, my appetite has been whetted......Triumph

Firefight911

russell_bynum
The new Triumph are coming!!

LINKY

Why...did you get tired of owning a BMW because of the huge dealer network?

Or maybe you've decided that what you really need is a first-generation model since those are always the best.

:grin:

If a huge dealer network is the goal, you could always buy a Guzzi... :grin:

It is going to be another fun year for new bikes!

This new Triumph Adventure that is rumored to be around the 900cc size that should compete with the 800GS.

There is also the replacement for the 1300 ST coming from Honda based on the new VFR platform.

I love this time of year!

Firefight911
The new Triumph are coming!!

LINKY

Or maybe you've decided that what you really need is a first-generation model since those are always the best.

:grin:

I just love you! :Cool:

No chance I'm buying anything for a while! I just love bikes and the idea that a new is coming out.

And, you're right. No way I'd touch a first year anything, though I'll go out on a limb and put a dinner on it that it couldn't be as bad as a BMW and the issues I've had with their firsties!!!!

Not fond of these teaser adds of late, just show me the GD bike. :/

Reminds me of my teenage years, make it to the back seat & nutin' :grin:

4938801664_b803811f44_o.jpg

Pat

Reminds me of my teenage years, make it to the back seat & nutin' :grin:

4938801664_b803811f44_o.jpgPat

What does this have to do with Phil and a "triumph?"

Not that there's anything wrong w/that... :rofl::rofl:

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Interesting. Picking up a Brit bike out of the muck brings back some memories. What to do with the extra two cylinders is a question.

But alas, I do love to work on cars and bikes. Although I think I have enough on my hands with this Triumph and Prince of Darkness electrics.

c1a4_3.jpg

I wonder how long 'till someone makes a chopper out of it. Isn't that what they do with Triumphs?

The Triumph Factory Demo Tour was here last weekend...

I got....

Two T-shirts! and got to see/touch/sit the entire line-up 'cept for the GS--type model.

Rode my Yellow Sprint RS and it got as much attention as the new bikes.

Much fun

I tried to watch the Triumph website but x'd it after about 15 seconds. How annoying. If they have something to show you, show it! :dopeslap:

Probably just a 900cc Tiger.

markgoodrich

This new Triumph Adventure that is rumored to be around the 900cc size that should compete with the 800GS.

There is also the replacement for the 1300 ST coming from Honda based on the new VFR platform.

Link to the ST???????

I tried to watch the Triumph website but x'd it after about 15 seconds. How annoying. If they have something to show you, show it! :dopeslap:

+1

I'm on my second Triumph Trophy after two K-bikes, one air-head and two oil-heads. I put 30,000 trouble free miles on my first 900 Trophy before returning to BMW first with an R1150R then an R1150RT.

Myself and friends have been stranded many miles from home on the new BMW's and I've lost my faith in going touring on them without problems. I realized after selling my first Trophy how much I liked it and now have a Trophy 1200. They are very comfortable bikes with 200 mile plus cruising range and comparable wind protection and luggage capacity. The engines are reputed to be bulletproof and while there is not the dealer network BMW has their dependability is first rate. The mechanic who I've been going to for twenty five years is losing count of all the transmissions, clutches and final drives he has had to rebuild on the new oil-heads and states that in BMW's drive to lighten their bikes the quality of the internal components is far inferior to the old air-heads.

I've had a life long love affair with BMW's starting when my older brother purchased a 1958 R50 back when you could get a BMW in any colour as long as it was black with white pinstripe, but feel that BMW have lost the dependability and quality that drew me to them in their quest for high tech superiority.

Wanted to give my thoughts but isn't meant to disrespect the BMW faithful.

Link to the ST???????

Honda has made no secret of the fact that the new VFR will be coming later in a full touring package.

Here is one link to ADVrider, there are a few more floating around.

ADVrider link

markgoodrich

Ah, yes, I've seen all that stuff, Rad, I thought perhaps you had some sort of official announcement link. I do hope it comes out.

Ahhh! Linky no work...Then it is probably not worth looking at then ;).

Seriously tho! I read the reviews on the Tenere. It looks a good machine and appears to be a technical 'tour de force' with all the FBW, TC, ABS etcetera but, being the Luddite that I am, the technology on the bike does not appeal to me one bit. It would really do nothing advantageous for me and add no additional enjoyment at all. I do not hop from car to car, bike to bike every couple of years. I tend to keep our vehicles a long while (I liked 'em when I bought 'em and still do!!) and also like to service them myself. All our vehicles are fairly straightforward to work on and maintain plus I can do 100 percent of the maintenance myself. However, with the newer stuff they are making it more complex and you need an analyzer to test and work on them plus, IMHO, in the end it is just more 'crap' to go wrong that you can't fix roadside :eek:!

Archived