IGNORED

Bewdley Bikers - Chamonix, Swiss, Pyrenean, Nurburgring Trip Reports

Welshman

BBOT - Bewdley Bikers on Tour - made their customary annual pilgrimage to Europe this June. This tour was intended to take in the Nurburgring - achieved - some new passes around Chamonix - partially achieved - and the Route des Cretes in the Vosges - failed miserably. Our failure was due to the weather but there is a tour report on our website:

www.bbot.co.uk

Where this year differs is that apart from the tour we also managed 2 other European trips this year - mine to Switzerland - and Kyle's to the Pyrenees for the Tour de France, so although Chamonix was a bit of a wash out, there are three trip reports as well as the tour report with some great photos to be viewed if you like that sort of thing.

For those of you who take the time to visit the site, please note that Kyle has built in a new feature which allows you to leave comments. So if you have ridden a road or a pass and feel you have something to add to our opinion then please do so. The more information on the site the better it will be.

Just to whet your appetite here are some photos from the various reports:

First, Chamonix

IMGP2111.jpg

Halfway up the Grand St Bernard

DSC03439.jpg

Grand St Bernard at the summit - the lake was still frozen over

IMGP2102.jpg

Kyle and Cat descending the Col de la Forclaz

IMGP2128.jpg

Col de la Madeleine

IMGP2132.jpg

IMGP2135.jpg

The Galibier in the snow

IMGP2146.jpg

General Patton's grave at the American Military cemetery in Luxembourg

Second, my Swiss trip

IMGP2281.jpg

The Oberaarsee - just off the Grimsel pass

IMGP2276.jpg

Looking across at the Furka from about halfway up the Grimsel

IMGP2261.jpg

The Nufenen - about halfway up

IMGP2268.jpg

The Nufenen - the descent to Ulrichen

IMGP2247.jpg

The Splugen pass

IMGP2256.jpg

San Bernardino - the descent

IMGP2203.jpg

The B500 Schwarzwald Hochstrasse

Third, Kyle and Kay's TdF and Pyrenees trip

6LookingdownColdePeyresourdeonwaytoBagneres-du-Luchon.jpg

Looking down the Col de Peyresourde

5NeartopofColdePeyresourdeheadingtoBagneres-de-Luchon.jpg

Who says you can't tour two up on a GSXR 1000!

9TopofPortdeBaleslookingsouth.jpg

Port de Bales near Bagneres Luchon - looking South

101kfromtopofColdAspinlookingtoArreau.jpg

Col d'Aspin looking towards Arreau

OK that's enough photos. Hope you visit our site, like what you see and leave lots of helpful comments.

IMGP2146.jpg

I used to drive by the Cemetery every day to work when I lived in Lux. Unless I am mistaken , Patton is still the only US General buried so that his marker is facing the troops.

As I've been to both Chamonix AND Pic Du Midi in the Pyrenese,(sp?), I REALLY enjoyed the photo's. I was stuck with a "rental" as we call them on this side of the pond. Four wheels will haul the equipment I was setting up, but does NOTHING for the soul!

THANK YOU AGAIN!

• 1 month later...
IMGP2146.jpg

I used to drive by the Cemetery every day to work when I lived in Lux. Unless I am mistaken , Patton is still the only US General buried so that his marker is facing the troops.

I understand that he was originally buried alongside the other servicemen in accordance with his wishes, but the volume of visitors to his grave was such that he was moved to the position you see in the photograph - overlooking his troops.

Archived