IGNORED

Roady2 Power Cord Problem

bmwmotorcyclewarrior

bmwmotorcyclewarrior

I have a Roady mounted on a hoon holder/mount. While riding the roady turns off. When I remove the power cord and plug it back in or adjust it the power turns back on for awhile then shuts off again. Again I adjust etc. Its beginning to be annoying. Im assuming that the vibration from the motorcycle is working it out of position. Has anyone had this problem and how did you fix it?

You can try crimping the connector slightly to give it a bit of an oval shape so it fits tight. I did it on mine and it worked. The Roady is also prone to solder connections going bad in the unit. I've had two fail from that.

PS. welcome aboard

My first one did the EXACT same thing. I did the crimping thing which worked a little better but the problem turned out to be the unit itself. I didn't realize it until I got another one. If you look inside the port where the power cord connects on the roady2 you'll see the pin inside. That pin isn't making a "tight" enough connection with the plug. I noticed that on the second unit I purchased and also on a friend on mines that the pin on the roady2 was thicker on the second unit and on my friends than it was on the unit that was screwed up. I haven't had a problem since. Chalked it up to manufacturing differences.

Archived