IGNORED

Progressive Insurance: Does anyone actually save with them?

pbbeck

I am expecting to take delivery of my new-to-me 2001 Ducati 748 next week, so I thought I'd take the time to shop around for insurance quotes. My current insurer - AAA - quoted me $350/yr for the Duc matching the current limits on my GT. Geico wants twice that, and Progressive wants $1600/yr! Huh?

I remember getting a progressive quote about five years ago on a Triumph Rocket III. The prevailing average quote was around $500/yr. Progressive wanted $3500! :S

Just curious. Does anyone actually save with them?

Recently got 4 quotes and went with Progressive. 3 bikes is running us about $800/yr with collision, comprehensive and liability, plus about 3-4k gear coverage.

I should add, that's two drivers, and one adverse (ticket, accident, whatever) event within the last 3 years.

Just changed from All State to Nationwide insurance. Reasons; had two claims in 13 years and they decided to raise our "deductable" from $500.00 to $1K. Yup, this is after 13 years – they said, but we are not raising your rates (yes they are ya pay for what ya get ; I paid for a $500 deductible ).

Nationwide quoted us the same policy ( a bit better coverage) $315.00 annual with 100 mile tow, roadside assistance and trip interruption; so not bad.

Just my .02 cents – good luck.

Maybe the difference is whether the bike is categorized as "sport" by the insurer.

True, but that's to be expected. What I was commenting on was how astronomically high their quotes have been on any bike that I have thrown at them relative to the competition. I really only ran the Duc by them this time for entertainment purposes.

I pay more for insurance just because i live in an urban area. My zip code seems to be red flagged. My car and my GT together cost about $1000/yr for 100/300/collision/comp with $500 deductibles + uninsured motorist (essential here in LA!). And that's with a spotless record.

Progressive = $257 for a '99 R1100S : 250/500/100 with $100 deductible on comp and collision including roadside assistance / trip coverage and $3K in accessories coverage

Didn't need to look anywhere else :Cool:

Progressive = $257 for a '99 R1100S : 250/500/100 with $100 deductible on comp and collision including roadside assistance / trip coverage and $3K in accessories coverage

Didn't need to look anywhere else :Cool:

Not bad. It's gotta be my zip code!

Are you going through an agent or on-line? Go on-line and play with the quote tool. Try changing the zip code and see what happens.

So much depends on where you reside.

Prices all over the place based on that.

Then record and bike classification.

Progressive best pricing for me too.

I don't anymore. Allstate blew them away!!!!!

Interesting, Allstate was about 4X what I am paying with Progressive. I have Allstate on the cars and house but my agent steered me away from their MC insurance I guess it depends where you are.

Progressive easily the cheapest here. My '02 RT is $80 a year (Comp & Coll etc, $1000 deductible), all my other bikes are the minimum policy amount of $75.

I have been using Progressive for a few years now for everything I ride and they seem to be very reasonable with both the rates and claims.

For reference: full coverage for my 996, 100/300 is under $300.00 on my multi bike policy.

We check rates every year when the bikes come up for renewal, and have been with Progressive for the bikes for about 7 years. I have had two claims in that time which were handled with no fuss.

We would strongly prefer to have the bikes with our regular insurance company for many reasons, but State Farm can't touch Progressive's rates for us. They aren't even in the same zip code, let alone in the neighborhood.

Archived