IGNORED

Trying to identify an accessory -- help needed

MichiganBob

Hi Folks:

I just bought a used XL lid for my system cases. It has a molded rubber bumper on it. The bumper goes across the middle of the bag starting at the reflector and goes to the back of the lid toward the tailight. It is about an inch wide by the reflector and tapers a bit as it goes back. Does anyone know what this accessory is called or anything about who makes and distributes it. It may be something that is put on police bike cases. I want to get another XL lid for the other side and another one of these bumpers. (BTW, it is not a scuff plate).

Thanks and ride safe.

Bob

I found this description on Bob's BMW webpage for XL lids. Sounds like the rubber bumper comes with the bag. Perhaps the parts guru at Bob's can find a part number for it.

Increase your storage capacity with the BMW System Extra Large Lid. Same construction as the standard lid, with an additional storage capacity of 6 liters (.21 cf.) per lid. Rugged bumper protection strip on the outside. Ideal for long trips. Installs in minutes; all hardware included.

Also: Order BMW Badges and Reflectors (one each per side) listed above under System Cases.

See Bob's BMW here.

That's too funny. I emailed Bob's about the mystery part and they wrote back that it is no longer available. I expect that they thought I was writing about the scuff pad. Well the mystery is solved. Thanks for such a quick reply.

Bob

BMW part numbers for the extra-large lids are:

left 71 60 7 652 735

right 71 60 7 652 736.

Retail at $110 each. Try Chicago BMW for 20% discount.

Archived