IGNORED

Autocom Selection

Merch

The Active 7 is ideal if all you're going to listen to is music.

The Pro-7 is a better choice if you're going to load up on other accessories like radar detector, GPS and/or cell phone. Here's why.

Both mute the music when you engage in rider/passenger communication (i.e. use the intercom). However, only the Pro-7 mutes the music when it receives inputs from items that are connected to the Aux port and to the B2B cable. This may, or may not, be an important feature for you depending on whether or not you plan to utilize the Aux port for those accessories.

Additionally, on the Pro-7 the rider/passenger volumes are pre-set at optimum levels. However, on the Active-7, you can set individual volumes. So if you both like your music at about the same volume, the Pro-7 will be better for you. If you like them at different levels, then the Active-7 is better.

HTH

Sounds like the Pro-7 would be the right choice in the long term, however I wear a pair of Etymotic ER-6i and but I suspect my pillion won't go that route and instead prefer speakers in the helmet. That alone may force the Active-7?

Fernando,

We just got the Pro 7 and are using in-line (cheap Radio Shak) volume controls. They have worked fine w/just the music source and a booster (also from RS).

On our inaugural trip we experienced some m usic volume changes without any VOX prompts. We disconnected the in-line volume control and still had this loud/soft change w/out intentional VOX input.

I think the in-line controls allow you to modify levels w/out a problem, but time will tell.

Our variations in music volume (VOX intercom stayed OK) seemed related to the poistion of the cords, that is when they moved from the wind a change in music level sometimes resulted.

Guess we'll have to experiment.

Archived