IGNORED

Question for Duc ST2,3,4 Owners - Tank Bags

kudzu

Whats the tank bag of choice, or choice of tank bags, for the Duc ST's? Don't care for the looks of the Ducati bags that incorporate the tank protector. Thanks.

That is exactly the conclusion I had come to; was just checking to see if anyone had a better idea, before I pulled the trigger. Thanks!

Did you check with RKA yet? I've got one that I have on my 996 but I don't know how it would work on the ST model. Another member has one on his new Suzuki 1000 along with soft bags that I saw up at Torrey.

RKA

Marsee magnetic.

I'll second that. I still have my Marsee Rocket Pocket Magnetic bag, but my ST4 is long gone. Great little bag, it's amazing how much you can get in there.

Call me crazy - you won't be the first - but I decided to get an adapter fabbed to allow me to mount my BigMak Airbag to the gas flange of my ST4s. (Do me a favor and ignore the extra holes etc - this is/was a prototype)

41100016-M.jpg

I think it worked fine, altho it's a little too close for times when you need to get down on the tank. But otherwise, it offers all the benefits of a BMA - EZ gassing, no paint contact, stays put, etc.

41100024-M.jpg

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

FWIW, I think Mak ought to offer adapters for other motorcycles with flanges that have bolts, he'd have a wider market. Hey, Mak?

I use a Ducati Performace magnetic tank bag (this is not the type you refered to that has the hideous wrap around tank protector). It is in the "Ducati Sport Touring Accessories and Kit Catalog" p/n 967033aaa.

I have been very satisfied with it and it looks quite nice on the bike (as good as any tank bag can - they all look like afterthoughts). It is shaped to fit the lines of the top of tank, has a nice big map window, and the storage compartment is expandable. It comes with a rain cover, but I have never used it - the bag has proven to be waterproof without it. I think I paid in the $150 range.

Peter

Love the Big Mak on my RT. The first pic, apparently of your adaptor by itself, didn't load for me, but the adaptor looks pretty slick in place. It's certainly functional. I have wondered why Big Mak hasn't expanded his offerings?

Thanks! I'll check that one out, too.

...they all look like afterthoughts).
I hate/love tank bags. They detract from the looks of a beautiful machine but they are almost irresistiblly functional.

Archived