IGNORED

Do I need this?

Tschamp

See attachments. Is this from the police equipment or is it on a regular RT also? It's the aluminum plate with the green box on it. Next pic show brass colored box's on backside.

583192-Tailelectric2.jpg.cc098c20d746cb09376380a7fb99d51d.jpg

It's not on a standard RT. Can't speak for sure, but it looks like an RT-P thing or something aftermarket. Is the bike a converted RT-P?

First pix is related to your rear flasher assembly. I can't quite recall, but seems like this was some sort of transformer or other electrical gadget that enabled the signals and/or emergency flashers to "flash". It has nothing to do with the Whelen light package. The brake and tail signal wires come from that thingy. If it's not on the civilian model, you'll need to figure out where the supply is on the civilian model and duplicate it.

The second plate is where your emergency lights wire into your fuse box. Short answer is - you don't need it. There were identical plates on either side (under the radio box) as I recall, with six connectors (three each side). You'll also find extra fuses in the fuse box that connect to these six connectors. There's one thing I never did quite figure out. If you review the schematic diagrams, one of the connection points says something like "horn/siren". I tried to hook a 12 volt connection to it, and it evidentially completed an open circuit (the horn went off). I figure there was some sort of relationship between the horn and siren, but since the siren was already disconnected when I received the bike, I had other locations to connect my fog lights into, and I was leaving the radio box in tact, I just ignored it. My guess is that you should track each of the wires back to the fuse box and remove the wire from the fuse box.

Archived