IGNORED

FYI R1200RT Aux. Light Bracket

ChuckL

I have for some time been trying to find a bracket to mount large driving lights (Piaa 910) on my R1200RT. The two major sources for brackets for the R1150RT appear to be the EMP bracket sold by Fernando Belair (http://www.motoequip.com/) and the bracket manufactured by RBR Manufacturing Solutions (http://www.rbrmanufacturing.com/).

I have emailed Fernando and have been told that he doubts a bracket for the R1200RT will be developed until after the leftover brackets for the R1150RT have been sold. He did not leave me with that “warm fuzzy feeling” that a bracket by EMP will happen anytime soon.

Yesterday I meet with Wade Fowler of RBR Manufacturing as he was in town for a few days. He looked over my R1200RT hoping that one of his existing bars might fit with only minor changes to the bracket. Unfortunately, it appears that he will need to develop a new bracket for his bars. He did mention that it would not be difficult as there are several existing mounting points, but he is very busy on other activities and would not be able to get to this project very soon.

The bottom line is that we are on our own for the time being. However, if someone out there wants my money you know what to do.

Chuck

Chuck, I'm sorry I didn't leave you with a "warm and fuzzy feeling." I truly wish I could have. It would have made both of us happy. However, I don't make the EMP brackets. We just sell them.

The person who makes the EMP Brackets is Pat Patterson (who is a member of this board under the name USAF1) and he has not told me that he's planning on making R1200RT brackets.

Perhaps it's best if we hear from him what his plans are. Pat, are you out there?

The bottom line is that we are on our own for the time being. However, if someone out there wants my money you know what to do.

What about Cycle Gadgets? Weren't they promising an R12RT bracket soon?

Fernando, I didn't mean anything negative toward you. It's just that I really, really wanted to buy a bracket from you and was disappointed. I certainly realized there was nothing you could do.

On the bright side, I spent Saturday designing a bracket and I have the design down on paper. Now, since I have no sheet metal cutting or bending skills, I need to talk on of my friends into helping me out.

Chuck

My Ezy-Mount kit is in-work right now. Will mount 1100PX and 004X Series lights, similiar to my other mounts, but a new bracket is needed...

Archived