IGNORED

Bike lift

Londoncallin

I'm looking at full sized bike lifts and find most are 6" in the full down position with a 24" ramp to run the bike up onto it. So how difficult is it to roll an RT up and into the wheel chocks by yourself or do you drive the bike on? How about getting the bike up onto the centerstand once its on the lift for rear wheel removal? Any other use tips or techniques?

583076-Photo_1_entire_lift_display.jpg.f97d4a867616f281d2c79a3c3ac60b52.jpg

a word of advice. buy the side extensions. for a few reasongs

when you go to put your feet down (if riding up) you will be stuck with a fairly heavy mc on top of you.

you can ride or walk it up and be able to put the sidestand of any mc down without having a heavy mc on top of you.

you can flip the side plate over and it makes a nice place for yout tools and take off hardware w/out falling off

and no i didn't end up with a heavy mc on top of me but it came > < this close.

It take a bit of practice to get the balancing act inhand. I push mine onto the lift, place the centerstand in contact with the lift to center the bike, then step up onto the lift and place the bike on the centerstand. The side extensions would help with this. Ultimately I will cut concrete and set the lift level with the floor.

I have done it with/without the side extensions. Not a real problem. Walking it up is my preferred method. The side extensions are handy for the garden tractor and 4-wheeler.

The lift goes up and down with the use of a small air compressor. On the opposite end to the vise is a removeable ramp. I lower the table to the ground, roll the bike up. I usually have the vise set to the width of a 120/70 front tire, so when I roll the bike on, the vise sides are snug enough for me to not have to provide much holding power on the bike. Once the vise is tightened, the bike is rock solid. The lift has 5 saftey height positions, that it can be placed on to take the pressure off the seals while you are working on the bike. The table also doubles up as a great workbench when not in use with a bike on it.

With the table up and no bike on it, I can pick the back end up and maneuver it around as necessary, I also bought a Handy Industries dolley arm which will let me do this while it's down.

BikeTable1.jpg

BikeTable3.jpg

Its easy! I just push mine up. Did I mention that its really important to remember to put your sidestand up when you push it up?......

DSC00512.JPG

For those that will ask, broken footpeg and broken footpeg plate. For some crazy reason I had taken all the tuperware off BEFORE I put it on the lift, probably the only time I've ever done that.

BK

Little Apple

Archived