IGNORED

Does the R1200RT run any cooler than the 1100 and1150?

tkrandall

Specifically, I am thinking of the stop and go scenario where the boxers can heat up without much airflow.

I was wondering if the new (to the RT) BMS-K control system on the new engine affords the possiblility to better control mixture such that the engine can run a touch cooler?

Theoretically, would it be possible to control injection/firing such that in idle the engine could miss every other cycle - would an engine be able to run OK, and run cooler, in such a light engine load scenerio?

Just a pipe dream?

Can't speak for the technological possibilities, but the 1200GS seems to run cooler than the 1150RT. Maybe all that plastic held the heat in..... grin.gif

Another thought I've had is that compared to the EVO Guages on the RT 1150, the new GS display seems sort of, weak or not as accurate. Just ask anyone about the gas guage dopeslap.gif! That low gas/flashing arrow/diminishing number countdown/ impending doom process gets on my nerves. Funny thing is, I can have any motorcycle in the world, and I only want the GS. thumbsup.gif

Anyway, BMW's never overheated til they put the temperature guage on em! It's been Africa hot in Arkansas this year!!

Mike

Archived