IGNORED

Widshield washers on 2000 r1100 rt-p

JByerly

I have a new windshield enroute for my rt-p and am sure that replacement washers are needed. Can anyone tell me what size should be used. The local dealer is an hour away and I am looking for a substitute at the local parts house or plumbing supply shop. Thanks in advance for the help.

Jerry

I have a new windshield enroute for my rt-p and am sure that replacement washers are needed. Can anyone tell me what size should be used. The local dealer is an hour away and I am looking for a substitute at the local parts house or plumbing supply shop. Thanks in advance for the help.

Jerry

I machined mine for my K100 RT from black Delrin. Couldn't find anything in the parts fiche that matched. The Delrin ones ended up to be stronger and more resistant to splitting than the normal nylon ones they used originally.

The designer must have been a little dense, since the screws that hold on the windshield are countersunk, into a countersunk hole in the washers. The result is that a little too much torque on the screws causes the washers to split. dopeslap.gif Not clear on the basic concepts of mechanical design, I guess.

Bob.

Archived