IGNORED

Any way to ADD FARKLES to my GS at BIketoberfest?

ClearwaterBMW

ClearwaterBMW

I know that it isn't a Harley

I know that it isn't BikeWeek

but, is it possible that some vendor will be at Biketoberfest this Saturday so that i can add some lights to my R1200GS? does anyone know of such a possibility?

thanks

greg

Unless your installer is privy to the new Can-Bus system on your GS, I would be careful about who you have adding electric farkles. Be careful. thumbsup.gif

Alternatively you can get the GS with the flying topcase and flying GPS options grin.gif

Yeah, you're a funny guy. Damn, I wish I could find that picture!

PUNK! grin.gifthumbsup.gif

ClearwaterBMW
Unless your installer is privy to the new Can-Bus system on your GS, I would be careful about who you have adding electric farkles. Be careful. thumbsup.gif

you are correct, sir. i guess if there are OFFICIAL vendors and installers at the BMW of Daytona store... i'll be in luck/i'll call them tomorrow to see what's up.

greg

There's usually some BMW-oriented vendors in the parking lot at BMW Daytona. Other than that, there's about 153,000 of the usual t-shirt, sticker, leather, fake tattoo, novelty helmet and fried dough vendors all over town, in case you really want some conchos and fringe on your GS.

MOtolites usually has a booth if you want to go that way. Caliper mount, makes a nice triangle light pattern.

They are usually at Sunrise plaza south of town. I will look tommorow and see if they are there.

if your only going for the day, plan on finding what you want early, to get an appt for install.

ClearwaterBMW

thanks, randy

i have the caliper-mounted motolights now.... with the 50w bulbs (up from the 35w standard)... and i love them

i still would like to get a light bar and maybe an H.I.D. setup... unlike a lot of folks, i do a lot of riding at night.

if i can't get an appointment for the GS, i was going to take the LT anyway. for my LT, i really need some kind of RAM mount for my 376C....

i have the BMW Nav i mounted in the factory "way" in place of the dash light in the midline below the shield (if that makes sense)

i really need to get the BMR shelf and spend some time picking out the right accessories to mount all the stuff

my ultimate dream (which i know is NOT possible)....

to have the folks from aerostich there, doing measurements in person... and taking home a new 1-piece suit by the end of the day

YES, i know... that can't happen (they NEVER leave Duluth)

greg

Ztechnik had a table set up at the BMW dealer, he had their HID set up on hand, but only ONE, $999. Offered me a slight discount basically was going to reduce it to take care of the tax. He said they could to the install also. I WANT HID lights, but wasnt ready to pull the trigger yet.

Stopped by the Motolite booth, gawd I love those guys! Was going to buy some new bulbs, he said they were free if I owned a set of lights. AND, he said I could have told him I was going to alaska, and he would have set me up with spare lens, bulb, oring and gasket for each light before hand! In the time I have owned the lights, I have gotten new straps to mount the light, caliper mount put on for free, a complete new harness for free, and 4 free bulbs. Cant remember if I paid for the broken lens, but if so it was only 5$ or so including shipping.

ClearwaterBMW

hey randy

i have motolights on BOTH my LT and my GS...

i love them

i have the 502 bulbs in the GS and the standard 35w ones in the LT.... i need to INCREASE the wattage in the LT motolights, for sure.

everyone has bailed on my for tomorrow

I-75 is a parking lot from naples north...

with evacuees from the south

i hear that I-4 will be a disaster and that fuel might be scarce

i am very unhappy about all of that

really really wanted to go

as for the H.I.D. pricing....

doesn't surprise me

it's going to be a grand no matter what

that's why i don't have it yet

but, there is NO subsitute for H.I.D. lighting

is THIS the setup you saw?

http://shop.ztechnik.com/cgi-bin/ztech/Z5142.html?search_model=bm-012

ZBMZ5142R1200GS_160.jpg