IGNORED

GPS Aux Socket on R1200RT

Pickaxe

It is right under the support that goes to the front fairing and headlight. It has a cap on it and is zip tied to the support. I'm in a hotel running from the hurricane or would take a picture and show it. I know there was a picture on this site some time in the last few months, so try using the search function and you should find it. You can also ask your dealer.

A little info. please....

Is there wiring info. available anywhere for the R12RT?

In particular the pin outs for this GPS connector?

Also, any part # for the mating plug and pins to this connector?

Maybe the CD manual for the R12RT has wiring diagrams?

Thanks for any information. thumbsup.gif

I used GARMIN supplied cable; meaning you need to cut the cable for both ends to attach connectors of your own. I used one of those criping terminals. (Please see the attached picture, this is the connector I chopped off from the bike.)

There're 3 wires comming out of the bike side coupler.

1. RED - Accessory 12V

2. Brown - GND

3. Blue - Not sure since GPS should work with or without. There're 3 wires from Garmin side, so I connected to a blue one anyway.

If you're using NavigatorII, part# for cable you need is

For Navigator I, part# is 71607687693.

They should give you sweet "Plug and Play" install. grin.gif

For the repair CD manual, part.# is 01797695182.

I'm pretty sure wiring/connector are the same, but please note that I own a non-US spec bike. Perhaps you should consult your friendly dealr before ordering. thumbsup.gif

583535-DSC03025.jpg.0176e66709a1954ebf7de0a6dfbf0fe4.jpg

Thanks for the info guys.

I have the mounts and cables for my 2610 install. I was really just wondering if there is a mating connector to the one on the bike already?

I was thinking I could just find the correct connector, fit it to my existing 2610 cable, then plug it into the bike plug.

Kiku, does the plug you cut off the bike have any mfg. name and/or i.d. numbers on it?

I have to do some looking for the connector "plug" me thinks.

Thanks again. thumbsup.gif

A new RT is looking pretty probable...just have to get my a** in gear, and spend some money!

Hi Jeff,

Yep. There're a few markings on the plug as listed below, but absolutely no idaea what they represent(except for "BMW" of course). confused.gif

Hope this helps and good luck! thumbsup.gif

1. On the black outer part of the plug

>PBT-GF10<

1452049-1 A

2. On the gray inner part of the plug

965-329-1

:tyco 2-1452050-1

(could be ":tvoo" or ":tyoo" sooooo tiny printing)

3. On the cover

BMW

8 367 135

>PBT-GF20<

Pickaxe, just to let you know that the power socket for the GPS goes dead after 1 minute after you have removed the ignition key. Just for your information, can be annoying when fuelling up the bike, popping the seat etc thumbsup.gif

Pickaxe, just to let you know that the power socket for the GPS goes dead after 1 minute after you have removed the ignition key. Just for your information, can be annoying when fuelling up the bike, popping the seat etc thumbsup.gif

Thanks for that George, however, I prefer that to having it straight from the battery.

Not sure about the RT but the R1200GS has a deticated GPS power socket that is plug and play with the Nav2. It is always live and does not go off with the key. The Nav2 cable plugs into it under the tank. I think the power sorce with the strange connector that you guys are talking about is for an optional extra accessory socket? I could be wrong, but if BMW provided this handy GPS power supply for the GS, they surely did on the RT. An easy way to check would be to ask someone who ordered an RT with a Nav2 installed if their Nav2 will stay on with the key off. If so there is another power sorce that you have not found yet.

Not sure about the RT but the R1200GS has a deticated GPS power socket that is plug and play with the Nav2. It is always live and does not go off with the key. The Nav2 cable plugs into it under the tank. I think the power sorce with the strange connector that you guys are talking about is for an optional extra accessory socket? I could be wrong, but if BMW provided this handy GPS power supply for the GS, they surely did on the RT. An easy way to check would be to ask someone who ordered an RT with a Nav2 installed if their Nav2 will stay on with the key off. If so there is another power sorce that you have not found yet.

My present bike (until tomorrow) is a 12GS. I'm aware of the dedicated plug on that, and it does turn off with the ignition(remains live for about a minute after the ignition is turned off). I wonder if the third terminal maybe a dedicated/inteligent link for the BMW/Garmin unit?

My present bike (until tomorrow) is a 12GS. I'm aware of the dedicated plug on that, and it does turn off with the ignition(remains live for about a minute after the ignition is turned off). I wonder if the third terminal maybe a dedicated/inteligent link for the BMW/Garmin unit?

Read my post again. You are talking about the accessory plug power cable that goes off 30 seconds to a minute after the key is turned off. I am talking about the connector under the gas tank that is a deticated GPS power point that has a connector that connects to the NAV2 power cable. It is not a bmw plug. It is always on even if the key is off.

Read my post again. You are talking about the accessory plug power cable that goes off 30 seconds to a minute after the key is turned off. I am talking about the connector under the gas tank that is a deticated GPS power point that has a connector that connects to the NAV2 power cable. It is not a bmw plug. It is always on even if the key is off.

The plug I was refering to is the one that is by the headstock and has three pins.

Really? Do you have a picture of this plug? The wiring kit that came with my NavII had a plug that plugged into the accessory outlet's harness. It shuts down with the bike after a 1 minute delay.

If there's an outlet without the autoshutdown, I'd rather use that.

Thanks!

Archived