IGNORED

Routes not Matching Maps on SPIII?

Voodoo

Using MapSource Beta 6.9.0.2 and StreetPilot Ver. 2.8. I uploaded all the El Paseo Routes and opened them in MapSource. They route fine in Mapsource. I highlighted all downloaded all the maps needed to my SPIII and then downloaded all the routes as well.

When I call up a route, I get the dreaded "Route does not match the available maps" error message. What gives? I checked the routes in MapSource and all the via points and way points seem to map to the correct place.

I'm confused. confused.gif

David

You need to download all the maps along the route if you have enough memory for that. Otherwise your new computer software doesn't match the software on the GPS.

Mark

David

You need to download all the maps along the route if you have enough memory for that. Otherwise your new computer software doesn't match the software on the GPS.

Mark

Did that.

Aluminum_Butt

What version of City Select do you have (probably 4 or 5). What version were the routes done in? I usually see this message when a friend has done a route in v4 and I open it in v5.

Right-clicking the route and recalculating it before I download it to the GPS usually solves the problem.

Related question: does anyone have a link to the best set of El Paseo routes for the Blairsville area. I have the old ones from Cherokee but not the newer ones. tks,

David, click "recalculate" for each route after you have opened them on the PC. They should then be ok to dowload to your gps.

Been here, done that. I experienced the identical problem with my SPIII. In my case, the device came with North American City Navigator 4.0 and I upgraded to 6.0. Now any other product upgrade would over write the previous level right? Wrong, at least not with Garmin. Open your software route and from the top menu bar click on 'view' then go to 'switch to product' to see what version you are using. Then click on your route and go to the left side of the screen that has the maps, waypoint, tracks and GPS window. Look at the maps. Are they from the same version of software that your route was created on? Mine were not. I was using one product version for the route and another product version for the maps. That misalignment generated the error message you now experience. Once you get all that in sync, your problem will probably vanish as quickly as mine did.

Dan

David, click "recalculate" for each route after you have opened them on the PC. They should then be ok to dowload to your gps.

That did it. Thanks.

Related question: does anyone have a link to the best set of El Paseo routes for the Blairsville area. I have the old ones from Cherokee but not the newer ones. tks,

Try right here under Spring 2005.

Archived