IGNORED

Recommended Torx Wrench Set

Newt

I need to buy a set of Torx wrenches. What size range should I buy and what type (bits, sockets, etc?) make the most sense for my R12. I would just as soon buy the right size range to fit the bolts on the bike and the type that is most useable. I have no experience with Torx wrenches. Thanks for your help.

Go to Sears or AutoZone or someplace like that. They sell packages of "star" sockets (they don't seem to use the word "torx"). The package should have all the sizes you need, maybe 10-12 sockets total. Can't recall the sizes exactly, I want to say something like T5-T25??

Go to Sears or AutoZone or someplace like that. They sell packages of "star" sockets (they don't seem to use the word "torx"). The package should have all the sizes you need, maybe 10-12 sockets total. Can't recall the sizes exactly, I want to say something like T5-T25??

T27 sounds like an oddball, but it is commonly used (my K100 uses some T27 sizes, for example), so be sure that is in the set. Otherwise, the sizes go in increments of 5 (T20, T25, T30, T35 and so on).

Bob.

I need to buy a set of Torx wrenches. What size range should I buy and what type (bits, sockets, etc?) make the most sense for my R12. I would just as soon buy the right size range to fit the bolts on the bike and the type that is most useable. I have no experience with Torx wrenches. Thanks for your help.

I got a set of these Bondhus Gorilla folding sets at a local hardware store for around $10.00. I have a full T-handle set in my garage tool box, but they're too big to go in the bike kit. This folding kit includes T9, T10, T15, T20, T25, T27, T30, T40

You definitely want up to a T-55 internal! Especially if you want to tighten your frame to engine bolts.

Jim cool.gif

PS I got mine from Harbor Freight for $6 and they have done great for 2 years of moderate use, up to 120 foot pounds.

Archived