IGNORED

Compatability of Autocom/Chatterbox/Others

Mike_Thompson

Mike_Thompson

I'm sure you guys have covered this at least once so please forgive me if I'm bringing up a dead subject...

After reading the reviews and the numerous post here, I'm thinking of getting an Autocom. I like the possibility of tying in a lot of features such as cell phone, music, etc. Is the Autocom compatable with other devices like the chatterbox? For instance, a couple of my riding buddies have the Chatterbox and can talk with each other while they ride, but if I go with the Autocom, will I be able to communicate with them as well? Are these devices compatable in any way?

Thanks

The newer FRS/GMRS chatterbox units align with the standard FRS/GMRS radios that you would use with your Autocom. The older 2 channel systems are supposed to align with channel 1 = 1 and 2 = 8 - but in testing we have found this to not always be the case.

The newer FRS/GMRS chatterbox units align with the standard FRS/GMRS radios that you would use with your Autocom. The older 2 channel systems are supposed to align with channel 1 = 1 and 2 = 8 - but in testing we have found this to not always be the case.

There you have it, Bryan. Straight from the horse's mouth (sorry Bryan).

As a point of reference, on our recent ride to Torrey, UT, we rode with two guys who had late-model Chatterboxes. We all set up on channel 2-2 and communicated just fine.

Mike, don't confuse the intercom (Autocom) with the bike-to-bike radio (Kenwood, Motorola, others). The compatibility you are looking for is FRS/GMRS radio to radio. The intercom has little to do with it.

Archived