IGNORED

"The Moto Remote"

akasjl

No, but I'd be a little concerned about this note on their web site:

"GET ONE WHILE YOU CAN. Our last batch is in and going quick.

Once were out, were outahere."

Sounds like they're going to unload them and then quit the business.

I've got the MotoFX BIGDO (Built-In Garage Door Opener) on my bikes. It's too expensive ($74.95), and it's a bit of a pain to install, but once it's installed it's great. No extra buttons on your bike, so nobody else knows you've got an opener. And you can't lose it, since it's built-in.

MotoFX has been in business for several years, and they provide tech support.

russell_bynum
I have a small remote controller in the pocket of my jacket. I just push on my pocket to open or close the door.

Same here.

Simple, portable from bike to bike with no effort from me (I always wear the Roadcrafter, so I've always got my remote.

Why muck around buying more farkles to bung on the bike??

(There is a proviso here that says the bike is the only vehicle I've got so can afford to do this.)

Just use your standard door opener remote.

1. Pull the windscreen off as well as the top cover.

2. Find a self adhesive button (similar to that used to mount glass shelves) at a hardware store and stick it over the remote button.

3. Position the remote on the inboard side of the dash and drill a clearance hole for the self adhesive button.

4. Mount the remote under the cover with double sided tape with the button sticking out of the hole. (I lie here a bit. It actually ends up being flush with the dash.)

5. Before putting the cover back on, tape a few pieces of high density foam over the remote, just enough to hold it in place when the cover is screwed down.

6. Replace the windscreen.

Viola! No more searching in the pockets and no great expense (Some people may want to purchase a second remote)

And you can hardly tell it is there!

40459683-M.jpg

Cheers. grin.gifthumbsup.gif

Archived