IGNORED

winter storage

ducati448

Before putting my R1200RT in the garage for the winter, do you recommend putting stablizer in the tank and fogging the cylinders?(4500mi)

Thanks,Larry

I would not store a bike without fuel stabilizer added. I know some who fog the engine, however I don't go that far.

I would recommend that you utilize a battery tender device if it is stored for any appreciable time. Nothing worse than getting ready for a ride at a new season and hearing only a CLICK !!!

You definitely should but fuel stabilizer in the tank and run the engine for a bit...short ride perhaps. Put a battery tender on it and put the bike on the center stand.

We keep bikes in Florida and Missouri. We also take the step of putting the stored bikes in zip-closed covers with moisture absorbing stuff inside with them. That is particularly important in Florida. When we use these, I take the batteries out and keep them on the charger outside the enclosure.

Store the bike on the center stand to keep the weight off the tires. You may also want to inflate the tires to their max pressure before storing the bike.

We have at least two bikes in storage at all times, and for up to 8-months with no issues using this approach.

Archived