IGNORED

Motorcycle Transport

RFSALDANA

What is the most reliable motorcycle shipper that I can call to pick up a motorcycle that I want to buy in San Diego, CA going to my home in Severna Park, Md...Do I need to put it in a crate.How much do you thing it cost.Thank you in advance....my email address is -- rfs911@yahoo.com

Aluminum_Butt

What is the most reliable motorcycle shipper...
You! smile.gif A trip from SD to MD in October? What an opportunity. clap.gif

But assuming you've already put that possibility aside for some reason, here's a couple of recent threads on the subject:

Here and Here

As for cost, you can get an online estimate from Federal Motorcycle Transport HERE.

Oh, and welcome to the board!

if you can ship from terminal to terminal the cheapest and fastest is usually foward air. go to your local BMW shop and see if they get rid of thier OEM crates. If so, get dibs on the K1200LT metal crate. Once you ship using one of these everything else is junk. I shipped a bike, dropped it off at the terminal in Atlanta at 9:50pm Tuesday night, it was in San Diego, CA by Noon Friday (3 days). I shipped another bike Atlanta to New Jersey. Both went without issue, only have to unhook battery, and empty gas. all other fluids are fine.

If you can get an OEM crated from a local BMW shop and ship terminal to terminal Federal Air is hard to beat.

Archived