IGNORED

Glove question

johnt650

I'm in the need to purchase a new pair of gloves for general riding conditions and have looked at the Held Steve glove, and the Lee Parks Deer Sports. Anyone have experience with one or both? Thanks

I have the Held Steve glove.

Previoulsy, I had Joe Rocket and Olympia(?) gloves.

I REALLY like the Held glove. I think I have had them for about two years now and they are holding up great. The fingertips and palms are getting a bit dirty from sweating from the inside, otherwise the wear is negligible.

They are thin enough to be cool and sensitive, but thick enough to feel substantial. They are comfortable enough that I never think about them. I wear them all year exclusively, but I do have another waterproof brand for rain use (worn about three times). They have never bled dye or odor on to my hands, and they have no odor.

I am very happy with them and would replace them with the same exact pair if it were necessary. HIGHLY recommemded.

No affiliation, usual disclaimer, etc.

Good Luck

I have a pair of HELD 2177, unlined gloves and really like them for everyday riding. Nothing fancy, they are the base glove of their product line.

I have had these for 2 years, like stated in previous post, no problems, smell, dye etcc.. Top of the line.

I have been looking at these same STEVE gloves for an upgrade from the 2177, great quality glove.

Happy Ridin' thumbsup.gif

Held Steves here. I use perforated leather gloves for the really hot days and the Helds for temps down to about 45.

At times the heel guard begins to irritate my hand but this is rare. On their second season and they are holding up very well.

I have no experience with Held gloves, but I just bought a pair of the Deersports from Lee Parks. They are very nice. I haven't had them long enough to give you a long term use report. I bought them after a recommendation from a riding buddy. He likes them so much that he bought 3 models of Lee Parks gloves.

If you have a local dealer that carries Rev'it gloves, those are the ones to try! They are made so well, and they are so comfortable. Lots of different styles to choose from. check them out!

I have a pair of custom gloves from Thurlow , San Diego. They were a gift so I don't know what they cost (about $70-90 these days). But they have been great. I have had them for years (?) and they show no signs of wear or seams giving out. I wear them all summer.

Thurlow modified the pattern several times to make sure the fit was right; longer gauntlet, longer thumbs. I went into the shop once to look around when I was in San Diego. They were very much into leather and had kind of a Harley feel. They didn't think much of my synthetic BMW Kalahari jacket. But I really like the gloves.

In winter I have a pair of lined REI climbing mittens. They have textured palms for rock climbing that work great for gripping the throttle.

My first choice was the Held Steve glove. Since proper fit is as important as quality, I wanted to try them on at Lima. Held was not to be found,however Lee Parks had a booth. After trying on several pair of the same size I found a perfect fit. They havenot caused my hands to sweat,no stains and most important, all day comfort. Leon

I have Lee Parks and am a glove collector! I love the Lee Parks, they are tight to go on, but fit perfectly and because I wear so many different gloves I had them 2 years before they broke in, but now, I don't leave home without them. Most comfortable glove I own.

Held Steve's.......I second most of what's been posted...Soft,form fitting, sensitive touch, hardly know you have them on...Kangaroo in the palms, I think......But not cold weather gloves...I was directed to them by asking for info on the site just as you are...Great variety of sizes and found one that works very well for me....About $125........Now looking for winter gloves........

Phil..........Redbrick......

I have been wearing elk skin gloves purchased at Tractor Supply for 20 years, not the same pair.

Good for all around riding soft comfortable fit and they grip when wet. around $13.

I have been wearing elk skin gloves purchased at Tractor Supply for 20 years, not the same pair.

Good for all around riding soft comfortable fit and they grip when wet. around $13.

I think you just answered my question. I am in the market for a new glove but I want something to go OVER top of these nice thinsulate soft gloves I have. I think with an elk glove like that will help keep in heat for cold riding and stop cold air from entering in. Hows that sound?

I also really like the Held Steve, and my comments are similar, except I don't wear them in the middle of summer, esp when commuting. I go with a lighter pair of vented gloves, First Gear, which are much cooler. I just bought a pair of Held Steve for my SO. They seem to have many sizes so fit was not a problem.

Archived